Sea Lice All Over The Marina

Rain City

Crew Member
Has anyone else only just now seen a f*** ton of sea lice kicking around? 6 years and I've never noticed them before.

Where and what do they look like? There are a lot of things hatching right now, you sure they are sealice?

Definitely Sea Lice. All over Burrard Civic. I've been walking around that marina for years and I've never seen them. They're exactly like the ones you'd pull off a salmon.

Likely is a crab spat. Sea lice in its suspended form(juvenile) is not visible in the water column.

Get some photos.
Definitely will do. I'm sure there's a few guys on here that could verify it as well.

You're looking at Crab Larvae.... :)

^^^^ what they said about crab larvae (most likely). I've seen masses of crab larvae before and they do look a lot like sea lice swimming around. Scoop a few up and take a closer look at them. Crab larvae also happen to be a favourite of juvenille salmon so the more crab larvae the better!

^^^^ what they said about crab larvae (most likely). I've seen masses of crab larvae before and they do look a lot like sea lice swimming around. Scoop a few up and take a closer look at them. Crab larvae also happen to be a favourite of juvenille salmon so the more crab larvae the better!
esp coho...

When larger coho are targeting on crab larva, I have found them harder to catch.... with the exception of a very small grey/white Apex lure..... You are welcome!

Back