sea anchor to control drift

D

dragonballs

anyone ever use a sea anchor or parachute style anchor to control the drift when fishing for halibut or lings on a windy day???? how well do they work..[8D]

I use them all the time for walleye and bass fishing and they work great. I guess I'll use them when I start fishing the saltchuck this summer too. Depending on the wind sometimes I use one off the bow and one off the stern or maybe just one midships. they come in different sizes depending on how big your boat is and how much drag you want. Hope this helps.

I see what you mean C.S. I use it for drifting sideways, no current, just wind. I would not want to get caught in a rip in that position for sure. Like you said bow first.

We use a sea anchor (drogue) quite often for jigging and they work great. We usually tie it off the bow cleat so the boat faces into the wind. It's quite a bit easier and safer than anchoring up.

If you like drift fishing....you have to get a sea anchor!

I have used IKEA bags that they sell for a buck. They are big and sturdy and most of all they are alot cheaper than the real thing.

I use a 5 gallon bucket with some holes drilled in the bottom with my 12 foot tin can when jigging salmon in the strait. Helps a lot.

Back