Scotty Teather Rig

eaglemaniac

I've noticed the lads on "Big Coast" use a teather system on there riggers for pulling in there line to reset there gear. I've not seen them here in the Comox Valley. Any info out there?;) eman ( I'm terrible with there)

...it is also very easy and more cost effective to make your own set ups. Just a tip. :)

DHA.

Yeah I've found myself reaching out for my gear, only to slip forward. It's not a very comfortable feeling. Please elaborate there DHA.;) eman

All you need for a home made job is something round with a hole down the middle that you can tie a tether to. A donut with a string basically.

A package of Scotty fairleads at PHT costs $ 14.25 for 6. All you need is some strong cord or line - runs you around $ 3.00 each finished.

I'd just make my own too. You probably could get away with just lifting the boom. Find those dunut things to be a pain. You will use them for a week and then get tired of playing with it...or at least I did. Another way is to just get a small length of wood dowel and put a small s/s hook to use for getting the clip into the boat.

Yea, like the gaff I have used for years.

I have them on my riggers,love them.It's like having a third hand,The rope runs through a cam lock so when you pull the rope and the cannonball is right beside the boat its locked in place.Easy to hook your line up when the seas are angry,no more leaning over the side

I still lean out over the side. Good practice for when the hooks pop out of a big ones mouth and I have to stretch out with the net. The only stretching I get these days. ;)

Back