Scotty 1106B Help

Explorer682

I have a Scotty 1106B and it won’t shut off. Last time I used it was acting weird , every 10 minutes or so it would turn on by itself and raise the ball a couple of feet and stop, did that about 7 or 8 times on a morning fish .Today I plugged it in and it won’t come out of retrieval mode, just keeps pulling to the point where I have to unplug it cause it just won’t shut off.Anyone have this issue? I heading on a 5 day trip this week and won’t be able to get it back from Scotty in time so I need to get it sorted myself. Any advice would be great

Where are you located?? I'll lend you an 1106b spooled and ready to go with braid. I am in saratoga beach mid way between Comox and Campbell river.

Where are you located?? I'll lend you an 1106b spooled and ready to go with braid. I am in saratoga beach mid way between Comox and Campbell river.
By the way it is the switch or the relay-had it happen on a 2106-came on at night while asleep on the boat!

Thanks Spring Fever , very nice of you to offer up a loaner. I’m in Victoria and heading into Kyuquot this week . I had a feeling it was switch related , so it’s not likely something I can get fixed before I go.I may have another loaner available locally , but really appreciate your offer , awesome gesture .

Thanks Spring Fever , very nice of you to offer up a loaner. I’m in Victoria and heading into Kyuquot this week . I had a feeling it was switch related , so it’s not likely something I can get fixed before I go.I may have another loaner available locally , but really appreciate your offer , awesome gesture .
Since you are in Victoria, you could phone Scotty and see if they could put a rush on it for you given your planned trip, if you drive it out to the factory repair centre. They may be willing to accommodate you. Worth a shot anyway.

I had the exact same thing happen and it was a relay, they’re about $5 and easy to install. I now carry a few spares

I had the exact same thing happen and it was a relay, they’re about $5 and easy to install. I now carry a few spares
Is this this relay? Where did you get it?

Attachments

• D3EC05DE-DFE1-43FE-8DF4-11A38E1D0705.jpeg
    D3EC05DE-DFE1-43FE-8DF4-11A38E1D0705.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 55
Glad you got it, I always end up calling it a relay instead of the magnetic reed switch. The service guy at Tyee sports in CR knew what it was right away when I explained what it was doing, that’s where I got them
Pays to have some spares

Back