Saving the Salmon – 38 sea lions killed near Bonneville Dam this year

AA, you are like a research library available at a moments notice. great collection of links there . thanks

I have seen that PSF research video before, and it is very interesting information. The links about seal whiskers is new to me and really quite amazing. I don't know how you find the time to dig up all this stuff but I really appreciate it. :cool:

My original post was supposed to be a little tongue-in-cheek. Well ..... sort of.....maybe..... But when I see one of those water rats following my boat and grabbing a fish....... it becomes a little difficult not to wish for a .270 . ;)

was up in nootka, and esperanza for one last trip last fall late sept... I was shocked at the amount of seals and sea lions that had moved in in the nootka area. they were literally everywhere. alot at the mouth of esperanza also. seemed like they were stacked up waiting to home in on the coho that were starting to come in... they were doing a good job of outfishing us at that time... seemed like about ten times the amount that were around compared to july, august.

Last edited:
Thanks for your very kind post finaddict! Cheers and tight lines!

Unfortunately this has to be done, they are learning so quickly it seems. Was in the Gwaii this year and 1/4 fish were stolen by them. Waste of time it seemed to even be up there almost. From what others were saying it was the same all year. Maybe DFO will follow suit, unlikely though.

Well if they ever decide to have a cull (never happen in Canada) we'll get to see some B grade celebrities!

Back