Salmon Sharks

i know when im out fishing 10 foot sharks in alaska the first thing i want to look like if i fall over board is a lump of seaweed...wait a second...

quote:Originally posted by SIR

That photo looks like a lot more meat than they are likely to be able to eat.... if you can't eat it don't kill it.... let it go for the next guy.

Hate those "wall of meat" photos where you know most of it is going to end up in the dump. Fish and release all day but take home only what you can eat - remember your kharma :)

Using this logic; one of these fish is more than what one fisherman can/could consume, therefore none of these folks should have bothered getting outta bed and done anything</u> else, but go fish... The pic shows 6 sharks w/ 6 (presumable) fishermem.

As a group, they got (what looks to be) a bevy of fish,,, so what. Would it have been better if they weren't a group and all fished solo, in seperate boats, each having a picture holding just one shark?

Maybe I missed something?

Hey MD,

New concept, you do actually still get out of bed and catch the fish all day but then you take a photo and put it back...

As and aside looks kinda like a family group, could have saved one or two fish filled up the freezer for the season and put the rest back. Even if not a single group could have filleted one or two fish, shared the meat and put the rest back....

And yeah I'm feeling a little bitchy this morning as it's been a long summer, sorry.

I'm a member of the "Fillet and Release Club". Any questions? Oh yeah I have never caught one or targeted these fish. If I had the chance I would probably say "He*& yeah! And last but not least I would eat the catch, most likely smoke and can so I could share it with my friends. This is one predator that targets Salmon that we can legally take. If it was legal I would share "Smoked Sea Lion with all of my Buddies. Another couple to make the list would be the Arctic Turn and the Merganser. These birds are a major problem on the Columbia River that impact the Fry/ Smolts tremendously. Just a thought. [8D]

i dont know about you guys,
but when i go fishing and say bring home more than one meal worth, we givee everything away we wont eat to ur neighbours and friends

That picture is disgusting. Sharks are disappearing all over the world. Their populations are 1/3rd of where they used to be in the 80's. Nothing like hooking a beautiful fish, shooting it full of holes, posing for pictures then kicking them back into the sea. Awesome.

.....and how often do you hear the phrase " fishing just isn't like it used to be....:(" I wonder why :( Striper Sniper

Personaly I don't shark fish and I think that there are a few that are assuming a lot from the photo. I break it down to that if it isn't illegal, then no harm,,, no foul. No need to slam a person that's taking on a condoened activity. If one feels that change is nesescary, then lobby for it.

And from this day forward; I promise to release all the pup's that find my baits in an attempt to help preserve the shark populations of the world. [:0] [}:)]

Back