S.F.B.C. - We are the CHAMPS!

Little Hawk

Howdy,

Just wanted to let all you good folks here on SFBC that so far you are kicking serious butt compared to the 'other-two' forums I've posted the 'Alliance's' WAR initiative on.

I've been trying to drum support on 'Fish BC' and although a few good soles have risen to the cause, support has been generally dismal.

Same with 'BC Fishing Reports.com'. The moderators were quick to lend assistane to the cause buy bumping my post from the 'saltwater-forum' were there's several thousands of hits - to the 'Evironmental Issues & Political debate - forum' where there's but a few hundred.

I don't mean to come across unappreciative - because I'm not - but really, does what I'm trying to do here qualify as mere political bantering? I wish more people would WAKE-UP to this.

The 'Alliance' stands at: 56

About 90% are YOU SFBC Brother's & Sister's.

Thank you!

Terry

So would the Alliance be something like B.C.S.F.A if you had to turn it into an acro? I am working on something and I would like to know =)

Terry,

I am members at both sites and have been at BCFR for the longest amount of time. I do agree that it could have easily stayed in the "salt" forum. A few things just so you are aware is that the salt forum is really quite quiet this time of year.

Also you don't see as many hits on the Environmental forum as it was just newly created along with a number of other forums within' the board. The whole board just had a bit of a "facelift/revamp" done over the past couple of months.

I will be joining in the cause....just haven't had time to sit down and read through everything.

Howdy,

Gimp; I think, in the world of proper English 'Sportfishermen' is correctly - two words.

That said, combing the two makes for shorter acronym, shorter lapse of breath, less brain-freeze etc. and I could care less, really.

There's so many fishing groups out there and it's hard to figure a name that really embraces who you are and what you are about.

I trust that - 'BC Sportfisherman's Alliance' works for all of you.
I'm okay with it.

Pippen; I know there's lots more of us out there who would join this scrape if only they knew about it. It's just my own frustration eating away at me.

I want to make this happen TODAY... but it's going to take some more time and effort.

'Nothing worthy - is easy'

Cheers,
Terry

quote:I know there's lots more of us out there who would join this scrape if only they knew about it

Also more will join once its more organized, currently its just us talking on a message board. IMO there needs to be a name, website with sign up form and a mission statement.

It'll happen, but you need to build it up more before more people will jump in.

Back