Rules and Regs Question

Northdogboy

So quick question for freshwater.
My son is 10 so i dont have to buy him a license.
But to fish Salmon in the rivers do i need to get him a Salmon stamp? The book does not specify.

If your son is a BC resident, then he can fish for salmon and retain them in fresh water without a freshwater fishing license or salmon stamp, subject to other rules of course. Such as,"Are they open in this river, and can I keep them etc". If he is not a BC resident, then a freshwater license and stamp is required if he plans on keeping any salmon.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my kid. What I do is write his name down on the back of my license and keep track of everything just like we do with ours. That includes salmon, Shuswap rainbows and lakers. He still needs to abide by the yearly quotas and this is an easy way to keep track.

If your son is a BC resident, then he can fish for salmon and retain them in fresh water without a freshwater fishing license or salmon stamp, subject to other rules of course. Such as,"Are they open in this river, and can I keep them etc". If he is not a BC resident, then a freshwater license and stamp is required if he plans on keeping any salmon.
What Pacemaker said - Confirmed with a CO years ago.

Back