Rubber plug above bolt that holds on zinc (2018 115 merc)

MiddlepointBight

Well, I was doing some tinkering last weekend and my 2 year old son tossed (into the ocean) the little rubber plug that goes into the hole for bolt that attaches zinc to bottom of anti-cavitation plate on my 2018 Mercury 115 outboard. I know it's just an aesthetic piece, but would be nice to fill the hole!

Firstly, anyone know the actual name to that part? Also, where could I order one? I know I can get it through the Mercers at Buccaneer Marina, but they would never or in a single of such a small part. Curious what options there are!

Thanks a bunch,
MPB

Well, I was doing some tinkering last weekend and my 2 year old son tossed (into the ocean) the little rubber plug that goes into the hole for bolt that attaches zinc to bottom of anti-cavitation plate on my 2018 Mercury 115 outboard. I know it's just an aesthetic piece, but would be nice to fill the hole!

Firstly, anyone know the actual name to that part? Also, where could I order one? I know I can get it through the Mercers at Buccaneer Marina, but they would never or in a single of such a small part. Curious what options there are!

Thanks a bunch,
MPB
Bridgeview would be able to order. Send them the pic. Maybe they’ll ship?

Thanks a bunch,
MPB
Thats pretty much your only option, they may have them in stock, its a commonly replaced/lost bit. I have once found a suitible plug in a hardware store, but have only had luck with that once. but yeah they are mostly asthetic, they do help keep crap and growth out. good luck

Back