River Monsters

Bassblaster

Hey everyone. Just wondered if anyone else has been watching River Monsters on Discovery. Dang!! There are some nasty fish out there. I'd heard of several of the fish featured so far on the show, but it's totally different to see a guy haul in a 100# plus specimen and then tell the viewing audience that it's not even a big one! If money were no object (like the boat forum) I'd be up for getting some guys together and chasing some of these things! Who's with me?

Watch a couple of the shows-There is some pretty nasty critters out there and some aren't the big :)

No Doubt! Can't even imagine how much that would hurt!

Don't take a **** in the amozon!

Don't fall into the Amazon either, you may not come out with all you went in with....if you do come out. :eek: Some of those catfish species are absolutely voracious!

I was extremely excited to see this show. Getting to see these obscure species was really an intruiging thought.

Then I saw how the show was marketed. As if these were mosters that were killing people. If an uneducated person was watching this show he would beleive that the fish in that particular episode was a dangerous killing machine to be feared. It isn't until after three quarters through the show that the host points out that the fish was wrongly persecuted over the years. Many of these fish have been slaughtered in attempts to erradicate the species because of some mis identifications.

................c'mon the aligator gar. Give me a break. Anyone who knows this fish understands that it is a grazer much like a cow. Next episode is the " fraser monster " ( white sturgeon ) Give me a break. I won't watch it again if they continue to reel people in using the awe factor such as they do for " SHARK WEEK " as if they are killing machines. It's all hype. It's crap

I agree too much hype.

Back