Renfrew

quote:Tsquared Posted - 08/30/2007 : 20:47:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tailspin--we'll be there 21st and 22nd. NO RIGOURS, 17.5 double eagle--see you out there.
T2

Look for the Black F350 Quad with the camper if your at the marina campground? If not we'll see you on the pond.

Where do you gents launch in Renfrew, and are there any surprizes going out? Any rocks, sand banks... you know the kind.
Thinking of going out one of these days and I hate surprizes. Ummm... unless they jump out of a cake;)
Cheers
vic

Tailspin--We're staying at the Trailhead Motel so we'll see you on the salt.
Gypseas-You can either launch at the native site near the mouth of the Gordon River or up the Gordon a ways at the marina. Coming from Victoria there are no real surprises on the way up but if I see a cake, I'll let you know!
T2

Theres a few suprises going out,sandbar at the river mouth,couple of sets of rocks on the righthand side of the bay,take a look at a set of charts and you'll be fine.I launch at the marina and go down the river,watch your tides it is shallow.DAN

ok boys here we go its 2:30am and we are heading out of comox and there is no doubt that we are looking for silver slabs and chickens.....................yew haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tight lines..
As

Two buddies of mine came back two days ago and they were spotty in close , the day was calm and the water flat no swells to speak of so they ran towards the bank , major coho out there about a 25 minute from Cullite Creek at 30 to 35 mph over ground speed on the GPS they told me.

Some springs still hanging around off of East Point.

Going there on the 26th to the 30th of September.

Cheers
AL

WWe were out in Renfrew on the weekend, got a couple of wilds and a smaller spring but that was it. Didnt go way out, a mile at most and didnt see many caught close in. Here lots were caught further out.

We were out by swiftsure on Saturday. Nice calm day. We went to fish Nitinat Lake, no action so went out to play some coho. We were 17 kms out from Nitinat, non stop action on the coho. We probably hooked into 60, got about half of those to the boat, kept 5 hatchery. Got a couple of 15 pounders. Grey whales everywhere. 8 ounce weight, coyote spoons, 12 pulls.

Back