Renfrew March 21st

S

saltybeaver

Heading camping for the long weekend. Should I bring the boat incase of a nice day for some flatties ?
LastChance I have heard you say a couple times it should be good or somthing like that IF YOU GET OUT ? is this because of river and nasty tides/ weather?

quote:Originally posted by saltybeaver

Heading camping for the long weekend. Should I bring the boat incase of a nice day for some flatties ?
LastChance I have heard you say a couple times it should be good or somthing like that IF YOU GET OUT ? is this because of river and nasty tides/ weather?

If you are familiar with anchoring on the hot spots, it can be very rewarding. Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to do it at the time, but if you are already going up there, give 'er. Don't forget the crab pots.

Kelly, is the river usually a problem this time of year? I guess it would depend on rains? I was thinking the same thing, saltybeaver as I am going up there, but I don't think that I have the courage or experience to try my boat. If you need some one to share gas let me know, I would be willing to go out with you if you aare on your own.

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Kelly, is the river usually a problem this time of year? I guess it would depend on rains? I was thinking the same thing, saltybeaver as I am going up there, but I don't think that I have the courage or experience to try my boat. If you need some one to share gas let me know, I would be willing to go out with you if you aare on your own.

Not really. I've been through it several times when it was raging in the fall rains there, it was "Ho hum, the river is a little faster today". Just drive down to the campsite in your truck to check how bad the swell is breaking, if you feel good about it, just do it. I was crabbing in the harbour a few weeks ago, and there are some new deadheads just outside the river mouth, so use extra caution.

Thanks for the heads up! Merrittboy boats already loaded but you never know, guess it depends whos awake in the morning [B)] we're staying at the Pacheedaht campsite not sure if your staying there but come stop by.

quote:Originally posted by saltybeaver

Be sure that you have read the new halibut regs:
Further to Fishery Notice FN0044:

In order to manage within domestic halibut allocations, the following changes
will be implemented in the 2008 recreational fishery:

Coastwide
---------

March 1 to 31: Daily limit of one. Possession limit of 3.
April 1 to May 31: Daily limit of one. Possession limit of 2.
June 1 to Dec 31: Daily limit of two. Possession limit of 2.

Thanks Jackel, weather looks pretty good from the places I looked. but thanks for the heads up.

well I'll be surfing at the river mouth this weekend - watch yourself on sunday the wave at the river mouth is no joke.

That wave is my old playground. :D

Take care.

404mf02.jpg

Saltybeaver, I will be going up on Friday, looking forward to the trip, we will be there for a week. I will stop by the camp as we walk it almost everyday. We stay at Botanical trailer park. What kind of vehical will u have? Jackal, we went and watched him play on the weekend. It was friggen cold but they played. He is on the JV team in Lethbridge which he figured would happen. He will be there for another 2 years if he stays. He enjoys it as he is getting to pitch and play third. HE is doing well.
You been out fishing?

Saltybeaver, did you get out?? The weather was ugly and cold, I was quite surprised. I bet we got snow at least 4 mornings out of the 7 days we were there. Was over at the campsite a few times but to shy to ask for you! [8)] Lot of people camping, which were you guys?

Jackel, we will have to sit and talk baseball and I will throw some fishing questions at you as well. Kirk will be out some time during the summer and you can give him some baseball hints!

Back