Remote kicker steering

Every single intelisteer I ever sold broke. Even the version claimed for salt water. Sorry boys they are junk

I had one when they first came out in my personal boat. Piece of ****. Warrantied it twice. long time ago and don't remember all what happened with it.

Sold tons until the last few years I just stopped selling them. Was always something. Either the thing gets smashed off because they stick out which I never liked. Or the Chinese relays fail. Seen that several times. Or the motor or worm gear jams up. Remotes break and stop working. Seem a lot of failed units. Neat idea but meh

The on that sits in the boat with a rotary style steering cable is better that the other style

Hydraulics are where its at
Is it possible you're mixing up Intellisteer with Panther? The Panthers have the motor mounted out on the kicker mount whereas the Intellisteer has a cable with rotary controller mounted inside the hull - image below from Intellisteer website.

type-r-typical-installation-1080x365.jpg

Auto pilot for me, it’s amazing. Simply the best crew mate on the boat, never complains, doesn’t wanna go to dock cause he’s tired!! Absolutely best thing I did to my new boat.

The problem with the intellisteer type H system is that its non integradeble. You cannot install a wired remote, nor can you have an auto pilot in your boat, nor can you install something like that troll master pro wireless. Which is pretty slick.

Reason being. The unit powers on through the wireless remote. Once the unit clicks on, the 2 motor wires that flip flop polarity out of the relay pack rest at ground. This is because its transistor controlled. Once those wires are live, that's. It. You send that line 12v from another device and pop. You can add 4 relays if you want. Then it creates a delay.

We build our own systems now when it come to hydraulic and remote controlled. And for a cheaper cost in the end.

Hope this makes sense

Is it possible you're mixing up Intellisteer with Panther? The Panthers have the motor mounted out on the kicker mount whereas the Intellisteer has a cable with rotary controller mounted inside the hull - image below from Intellisteer website.

View attachment 59599

Yeah I guess I was getting those 2 mixed up

That one seems to hold up. Only downfall is that it's only turning your kicker. You want that boat to turn on a dime, need both engines to turn

Your absolutely sure that that little merc cant sit on the transom next to that etec..? Sure look like it would fit. If you put hydraulic steering on the main I bet it fits.

8 months into ownership on my panther steering system and I am stuck at the dock waiting for a new relay. The system works well and I enjoy having it on the boat however like others have said the box does stick a fair ways off the pivot tube and I don't have enough hours on the system to give you an accurate idea of how reliable it is.

However it is a no questions asked warranty and I received an email back from Panther within 24hours and parts were shipped immediately following the diagnostic that I performed on the system.
Dan

Your absolutely sure that that little merc cant sit on the transom next to that etec..? Sure look like it would fit. If you put hydraulic steering on the main I bet it fits.
If only. I had to have that SS bracket custom made just to get any kicker at all. Weird transom design, splash well cutout is not wide enough for kicker and main, but too wide to leave enough room out wide for a kicker. And out in the corner is solid flotation foam at least a foot deep, no access for bolts.

If only. I had to have that SS bracket custom made just to get any kicker at all. Weird transom design, splash well cutout is not wide enough for kicker and main, but too wide to leave enough room out wide for a kicker. And out in the corner is solid flotation foam at least a foot deep, no access for bolts.

I would have to see this in person. You can always bring it by the shop

I've looked at the Intellisteer site. The type R for kicker control appears to be the appropriate model - tie bar connection doesn't work with my setup.

I fish solo a fair bit and like everyone else, I find it a challenge to run gear and keep the boat tracking correctly as well.
I've solo mostly for 30 plus years (no friends with money ) and I've used panther, tie rod but nothing trust me nothing beats my intellesteer for the same price , you wont be disappointed. I'm not associated what so ever with intellesteer, just a damn satisfied customer. To date the supplier rep , Gary Notenboomer at intellesteer has always gone above my expectations. His email is gnotenbomer@canmet.com , email him if you got any questions, great comp and guy !!

I've solo mostly for 30 plus years (no friends with money ) and I've used panther, tie rod but nothing trust me nothing beats my intellesteer for the same price , you wont be disappointed. I'm not associated what so ever with intellesteer, just a damn satisfied customer. To date the supplier rep , Gary Notenboomer at intellesteer has always gone above my expectations. His email is gnotenbomer@canmet.com , email him if you got any questions, great comp and guy !!
Still say Auto pilot all the way! Intellesteer plus plus plus.

Still say Auto pilot all the way! Intellesteer plus plus plus.
Ya but for relatively 1/2 or more than auto pilot, you cant beat it ...I'm sure there is some global positioning units used in tankers, that are better than Auto pilots :)

Back