Questions about River's Inlet

A

ashtonspoutine

Hi all,

A few short questions for anyone who can answer. Thanks in advance dudes.

1) How the Hell do you get there?? LOL. I live in Burnaby. Im not sure if there are several ways of getting there. I would think vancouver -> ferry -> nanaimo -> drive -> port hardy -> ferry -> River's Inlet might be the best way?? Im not sure.

2) I heard that on some days, the water is like glass. Does that mean that most of the summer, we could be on a 14.5 foot boat?

3) Any recommendations on lodging, moorage or all inclusives that might have some availability in the beginning of september?

Thats it,

Thanks guys.
email me if you prefer joehorng@hotmail.com

Are you planning to tow a 14 foot boat? There's no roads up there! I think you're going to have some problems. I've gone to the King Salmon Resort with Oak Bay Marine Group a few years back. There are mostly high end resorts up there and you fly in by float plane. Price starts at $2,000 for a few days of fishing and lodging and goes up from there. You fly from Vancouver to Port Hardy and then to Rivers Inlet. http://www.kingsalmonresort.com/rivers-inlet/

Alternatively, I've heard of guys taking there 20' plus boats and run them up from Port Hardy. I think it takes several hours in a reasonably fast boat. I'm not sure on accomodations up there as most of them are fishing lodges with their own boats and guides.

I wouldn't recommend making the run in a 14' boat or you might be on the 6:00 news.

Been to River's lots...
Oakbay and other higher end resorts are nice. For the budget Look at Black Gold Lodge this is agreat Do It your Self Lodge.
Running over from Port Hardy could be a deal in a smaller boat.

Water is usally protected once there.
MJ

You won't be going from Port Hardy to Rivers in a 14' open skiff, not a hope.

Buy a bigger boat, learn to run it o the outside and then a few years down the road give it a go.

Thanks for the advice. I thought maybe there was a big boat to carry my small boat there...I guess not.

I settled on going to Telegraph Cove. Ill be visiting mainly (I do a little photography) and fishing whenever I can.

River's Inlet will have to wait a few years it seems.

quote:Originally posted by ashtonspoutine

Thanks for the advice. I thought maybe there was a big boat to carry my small boat there...I guess not.

I settled on going to Telegraph Cove. Ill be visiting mainly (I do a little photography) and fishing whenever I can.

River's Inlet will have to wait a few years it seems.
the other way to go is to pull your boat to bella coola and drive to rivers inlet by boat, i am heading to namu last week of aug. not to far from rivers, but i think way better fishing around namu.. i have a 18 ft harbourcraft and never had a problem out thier

Back