Proper prop pitch

Hey Bryce, what specific prop is this? Also curious if the SeaPro is V6 or V8? I was told going to the 16” diameter prop with a V6 might not work. That’s a heck of an improvement in economy that you’ve seen.
Mine are v8s and yes I was absolutely shocked with the numbers I’m saving around 220 litres every 3 days I believe the active trim helps a ton on the sea pros as well
I’ll get the model off the prop for you I believe they are eco enertias

Last edited:
Hey Bryce....amazing numbers....can you also comment on the approx. total weight of your boat, fully tanked up with gas? Thanks

To make a long story short, the main issue was the engine was to low. I could not get on step no matter what prop was used. Lifted the engine 1.75 inches and now gets on step. I now get 34 mph at 5900 rpm with a 14.75 inch 16 pitch solas prop. Gonna try a 17 pitch to hopefully achieve 25 to 28 mph at 4200 rpm.
I called Victoria prop who was so help full. They are amazing.
Will post a video of the engine before it was fixed if I can get change it to a appropriate format. It would be helpful I am sure.
I owned a 24 skagit xlc from 2003 to 2020. Started life with a yammi 225 and finished with a yammi 300 Definitely had a 17 prop and 28mph was usual at 4200

Back