Propane sale in GV

Kildonan

Can anybody tell me where the hell in Victoria I can get an effing propane tank filled now? :mad:
Shell on Tyee, nope they quit. Payless on Bay, Nope. Super Save gas, Government street, nope, station is closed down. The old Mohawk on Douglas is now an Esso I see and no longer sells propane. Short of going to Langford or Costco, where the hell can I go?

Am I the last guy in Victoria with a propane BBQ that needs a tank filled so nobody sells it anymore?

I live in Esquimalt, looking for something close by.

Funny, but I was wondering about that earliar this year.
I was fueling up in Parksville at an Esso, when this guy comes out swearing and yelling and gets into a mid sized R.V. that was at the pump on the Island behind me. I go in to pay and get my C.C. back and I asked the kid what happened, he tells me that they had just pulled the Propane tank, but had not pulled the Auto Propane pump yet. So in my stupidity, I say's "Oh your getting a new Tank!", No, Esso is following Shells example a removing them all, as they don't make enough $ off of them!
So being STUPID, I says, "What's going to happen this summer when all the Motorhomes need propane"? He, being just a school kid trying to make a few bucks for Beer, looks at me like I got 2 heads, and shrugs his shoulders. I LOL all the way back to my now full Diesel pickup, hoping that the $200.00 I just put in it, would be considered enough to help the station remain suppling it!

Not close either but the CO-OP at West Saanich and Keating

Makes me laugh really the way we do things where we live... Had a real eye opener, we were in Palm springs (U.S.A) this winter, got a great deal on a private house with a swimming pool and the whole nine yards.. long story short.. the BBQ tank ran out of propane... we toss it in the rental suv and off we go.. this being our 2'nd night there and our first time ever visiting there I had no idea where to go.. stop in at the first gas station I see, I run out and go inside and ask the attendant where do I go around here to get a propane tank refilled ? The gas attendant looks at me funny with open eyes... and says " REFILL?? Nooo no we don't refill tanks around here we exchange them!" I'm standing there like HUU? he says, is your tank in your truck? I'm like, Yes.
He goes... grab your tank and bring it around to the side and we will swap it with a new full tank!.. I paid at the till.. ran out to the truck grabbed the empty tank.. meet the attendant at the side and we swapped tanks ! I was back at the house in under 5 min. !! with a new full tank ! We've got a little bit to learn yet up North here !

Rock, I did consider that THAT was the way things are going. The return-it tank deal. May be hard for the stations to compete.

Maybe it's time to run natural gas to the patio for my next BBQ.

Sign me up, Natural gas line to BBQ is the ticket. All about convenience, the propane tank swap is a great idea... who wants to go and get their propane tank filled.. drive the tank to a specific station, go to the till wait in line for your turn, ask the guy for a tank refill, he usually says be right out... 5 min. latter he comes out and fills your tank while you sit there watching him... then have to walk back to the till and Pay... What a HORRIBLE system! no wonder why they are loosing money and are taking out the propane from many stations... horrible service and systems we have in place..

Rock, I did consider that THAT was the way things are going. The return-it tank deal. May be hard for the stations to compete.

Maybe it's time to run natural gas to the patio for my next BBQ.

Every gas station should have filled propane tanks ready to go and swap... In Palm springs every station I saw had a lock up on the side of the building filled with full propane tanks... need a full tank, go in and pay, they grab the key run out swap tanks and your on your way in seconds... some thing so simple, why not do that here???

Co op millstream or Costco. But yeah, I don't bother. I just hit up Canadian Tire with old tank and swap out.

Get a Costco membership. Among other stuff that will help you recoup your membership fee in short order - to fill a 20/pounder there is about $12/bucks. Try and beat that price in Victoria.

It's the same thing over here in Vancouver......there was only one place from Cambie street west out to UBC (don't even know if it still fills tanks)......now it's all just the tank exchange at every single gas station.

It's about 5 bucks more to swap a tank, rather than refill it. ($23.95 as opposed to $18.95)
advantage to swapping is that you amost always have a new tank.

Back