Pigtail/Corkscrew Snaps-The Conundrum

Dogbreath

I meant to post on this a while back when someone asked me if I'd seen any around and that inspired me to click my fingers to the bone trying to find some somewhere-came across a few options but therein lies the problem.

Many here would agree no design is better than a Pigtail for bottomfishing gear when your hands are nicked/cut/abraded generally used up and the bite is still on.

But does a person really want to use a unit that costs upwards of $2/ea for bottomfishing?

QR-corkscrew_small.jpg

The other web references are for either more expensive gear or the crappiest freshwater junk.

Maybe some enterprising BC importer will see this post as an opportunity and bring in some mid-rage product for us to use-we can only hope.

And before some pedant out there tries to make a distinction between a Pigtail and a Corkscrew I use the terms interchangeably here because that's what what most saltwater sportfishermen in BC do-language is ever evolving.

Check Gone Fishing, that's where I get mine. Have used there product for the last few years and have had no problems. They are a little on the small size but have found them to be plenty strong. I use mine on my mainline not on my leaders so I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.
GLG

Metzco Tackle in Port Angeles, WA is a wholesaler of good halibut swivels, etc. He sells his products at Swain's General Store in Port Angeles and other stores around the NOP. They're not on Sampo ball bearing swivels, but they work just fine for me.

Back