Outboard flushing Courtenay/Comox

CalCom

Hi All
I recently bought a boat and have storage for it in Courtenay but I live in a condo and don’t have access to a freshwater tap/hose to flush my motor. Is there a go-to place (car wash/marina) that would have flushing facilities? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hi All
I recently bought a boat and have storage for it in Courtenay but I live in a condo and don’t have access to a freshwater tap/hose to flush my motor. Is there a go-to place (car wash/marina) that would have flushing facilities? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
I'd have a look at the Comox municipal marina -- that's the best launch in the area, but I can't recall if it has a hose.

Hi All

Ask a buddy.

Flush it at a nearby lake.

I used to dip mine in the Fraser river to flush the motors and give a better rinse of the trailer after finishing the day. It was on the way home so no big deal. Definitely do-able to dip it into a lake if it’s not a busy launch and you’re just taking up space. The salt water launch by me does have fresh water but that gets turned off in the winter so be aware of that once it gets cold out.

Thanks all
I’ll be sure to follow up here…just winterized the boat so won’t be back until March
cheers

Back