One rod or two???

Prawn Star

As I have previously stated I'm making the BIG move this summer to CR. Is there a one rod per person limit in the saltchuck and can you run two.

A good day in CR is when you can run 1 rod per downrigger. The tide is the great equalizer and with 200 ft under you, making turns without tangling you lines becomes a challenge. Other places on the Island no problem with 2 rods per downrigger.

A good day in CR is when you can run 1 rod per downrigger. The tide is the great equalizer and with 200 ft under you, making turns without tangling you lines becomes a challenge. Other places on the Island no problem with 2 rods per downrigger.

Ditto on sea wolf's comments. CR can be a tough one, you really need to pay attention and watch them lines I run 12 lb balls but i think i'll give the 15's a shot this year and see if it helps at all.

Just make long passes and pull one side up before you start your turn. I fished 2 alone all summer unless there was junk in the water. I ushually fished one on the bottom and one a decent ways up so you only need to adjust one rod as the bottom goes up and down.

In June and early July, scrape the bottom around the "Hump" off Quadra on the last hour of an ebb tide at 180 to 210 feet, and you'll do much better with a 15-pound ball. Go with the tide only and use big glow cuttle fish hootchies or spoons behind a chartreuse glow flasher. Also, fish further south at the "Deep" the same way, but get your lures down to where the feed line shows (260 to 280 feet in 500 feet of water). After each pass, pick up your lines and run back...much easier than spending two hours trying to move 100 yards against the tide or risk getting downrigger lines tangled when turning with all the tricky currents in CR — remember fish face into tide where there's a lot of current.

Thanks One Way. I guess I better add some cable to my riggers to get down that far. I have fished there before with my brother in law and know where the hump is but where is the "deep" What about bottom fish is that good around there?

Back