Old Bay Seasoning ???

Rockfish

Old Bay Seasoning. - Used in a lot of US East Coast seafood recipes, especially crab cakes.

Anyone know where you can buy it locally ?

Have not seen it in the usual South V. I. grocery stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
FUNNY you say that my mom gave me a container of it about a month ago ill admit ive never seen it before what do you use it in???

FUNNY you say that my mom gave me a container of it about a month ago ill admit ive never seen it before what do you use it in???

Wolf....you'll see it used in all sorts of ways whether it is just to season fish....or as mentioned add to crab cakes etc. You see it used in various 'mayo' based sauces/dips such as tartar etc.

It's been around for eons and comes from the east coast if memory serves me correct. I sometimes refer to it as the "seasoning salt" of seafood.

use it all the time....Save on foods carrys it....

Safeway has it as well. I use it with most every seafood dish. It goes excellent over butter fried prawns.

I found it at Thrifty's a few years ago. I have seen it in more stores now. It is great with most seafood. I love it with crab.

WELL ill be damned ......LOL
as i always use my own herbs and spices dont use much in the way of pre done stuff hence had no clue about thanks guys ill try it with crab that ill get soon ...

Loaded with sulphites and MSG..
m

but dam its good

Back