New To Me

Thanks guys, tried everything mentioned above except SteelyDan's 10% diluted bleach solution.. Worth a try for sure.
Bought a bottle of Star-Brite Non-Slip deck cleaner to try when it warms up a bit in the shed. Let you know how it turns out. If that doesn't work I will try the Aurora as well.
On another note I am fairly new to this forum so a big thank you to everyone who participates. With over 60 years of boating/ fishing experience I hope I can add some added value by participating.
Plus you understand hockey

Plus you understand hockey
A little bit as I had season tickets for the Canucks inaugural 1970 kick off and a few years after that. In the end was too expensive and stuck to fishing. Coached minor hockey with my son as well. Scary how time flies by.

You know you have expensive taste when you choose fishing because it is cost effective!

You know you have expensive taste when you choose fishing because it is cost effective!
Hmmm, When I do the math and the cost per pound on my West Coast annual trips for some reason in explaining it to the wife it always come out in my favour. Math was never my strong point though. Her response is a booked trip to "Vegas". I am ok with that no question. Win,win.

Hmmm, When I do the math and the cost per pound on my West Coast annual trips for some reason in explaining it to the wife it always come out in my favour. Math was never my strong point though. Her response is a booked trip to "Vegas". I am ok with that no question. Win,win.

Did your wife ever give her car away to your kid while you were away fishing? Turned a $600 trip into a $XX,600 trip for me once we got her a new vehicle.

Did your wife ever give her car away to your kid while you were away fishing? Turned a $600 trip into a $XX,600 trip for me once we got her a new vehicle.
Ouch, I think I would be sleeping on the couch for a few days.

Well it’s finnaly ready for the water. It’s been a lot of work to get her up to snuff and up to my standards but I’m darn a happy with the outcome. Lots of elbow grease, lots of cut knuckles, some trial and error but she’s looking sexy and is running sound, wiring has been gone over and is up to snuff. Might take her for a spin tomorrow not too sure yet.

Still haven’t come up with name yet, we will see. Still have to put her numbers on just waiting to get the right ones I like.

zJ8OsdZ.jpg

AKEbXw2.jpg

vwVUIDn.jpg

That’s a damn sexy looking ride. 350 ponies should make that beast get up and scald the horizon. Can’t wait to hear the reports coming from your water tests. Then fishing reports of course.

Oly

Thanks gentlemen.
I was impressed with the way those engines fired up yesterday. It has sat all winter ( in the shop mind you ) but I put on the water muffs and I just hit the key and they fired up, I was impressed.

Did a lot of work to the trailer as well. All new lighting and replaced a lot of wiring. All new bearings and seals, pulled the breaks and rebuilt all the calipers re-sealed and new cylinders and pads. Disks were in good shape so left them. Im confident she’s ready to roll and won’t give me any grief.

Pretty sure you just turned into the Canadian Tire parking lot in front of me. I think I’m in your town for my sons lacrosse tournament. If not it was an identical boat! Lol

Yup that would have been me, there is a Lacraoss tourney in town those weekend.
Momma and I got it out for a nice run today, didn’t spend to much time out there a couple hours just trying stuff out. Everything is tight just one leaky hose clamp on the raw water wash down that I had off over the winter and must not have tightened it down good enough. It launched and loaded really nice, I was a bit concerned about that but with the rollers it rolled right up tight and tagged up nicely, centred itself really nice. Handles nice gets up on plane in a snap, those twins move it along nicely, never wound it out at all but it gets up there.

Back