Need some NMEA 2000 Help

Well today I swaped out the 15 ft cable from the backbone and put in a shorter 6 ft cable and WALLA!!! It's working, so my problem was a faulty cable, like u guys mentioned.
It should be noted when your hooking up this sensor after u calibrate and before u install to the gas line:
MAKE ALL THE CONNECTIONS ON THE NMEA2000 (INCLUDING THE SENSOR) THEN CALIBRATE YOUR HDS8, THEN SET UP DATA TO YOUR PAGE, THEN U SHOULD SEE THE GAS LEVEL NBR.
THEN BLOW INTO THE SENSOR AND YOUR FUEL/Miles SHOULD REGISTER, IF NOT YOU GOT TO FIND THE PROBLEMS.
IF THE DATA IS BEING NOTED THEN HOOK UP YOUR SENSOR TO THE FUEL LINE.
Im going to post a YouTube I'm a week or so which other dummies like me can follow step by step.

Special THANKS to John, Ten Mile, Moose (at Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo) and others who helped me figure this out!!!

Clint
PS Sorry John no spare cable, the one I have will drive u nuts lol

Last edited:
Clint, glad you got it all working. I have a similar HDS and EP 60 setup, it was a bit problematic to configure the data display at first but it works great. Very instructive to tweak boat trim using MPG as the guide. Speed/rpm/trim combinations I used to think were optimum... not so much.

Back