Nanaimo Area Boat Service Shops

chriswh86

Mid Island Area Boat Service Shops + Windsheild Support Rods

Hey all,

I will be going down to nanaimo for a few days, im looking for a reputable shop that can look over my alternator and batteries. Not sure where to go for shops so i figured you guys would have some experiances.

p.s. does anyone know any stores on the island that stock window support rods such as the ones found in the link below. I need 2 of them when i go down.

http://ww63.dokobobo.info/taylor-windshield-support-bars-bar-13

Thanks
Chris,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, I will keep them in mind, Im hoping I can find windsheild support rods on my trip down, I dont want to order and wait, no one likes to wait lol

West Marine shows those bars in their catalogue. You might want to call them in Nanaimo and see if they have them in stock, or if they can order them for you.

Thats excellent, I didnt realize they operate a location out of nanaimo. I will definantly call/stop in, Thanks Gomphus

All Marine is 100 bucks an hour. Had him do the the thermostat and impeller on my engine.
Ever since then it won't shift into reverse.

Marine Express (Coombs) is 80 bucks an hour. Does good work...but.....be prepared to wait and wait and wait for him to finish the job off.

Clint at Marine Express... Remounted my f200 after another mechanic did a shyte job and my pod filled to capacity with water and would of sank us if we were on the westcoast...
His work was good and fast...
He also fixed a minor problem on my Merc...
Got that back fast aswell but it was an easy job...
He seems pretty good... Maybe need to nail down a time frame with him first...
This is a good thread because its nice to find good mechanics and good people you can trust...

Tains, please fill me in... I think its as important to expose guys who are totally full of BS and take money from ppl and there families as it is to promote the guys who are doing a good honest job... I dont want anyone else to get ripped if it can be avoided...

Back