Moorage in the Sooke Area

It was actually A 47 and a 38 that came in yesterday A.M. Otter early a.m. heavy ebb ??? The flood theory is now out the window. We Hit otter, Muir and Sherrigham this morning and throughout most of the afternoon flood. The wind was howling, Ugly westerly to say the least. Why is everthing still going up and down ??? We lost one and i saw only one fish out of all the brave salts remainig. Stupid slow. The one decent fish was up to the glassply beside me and then the Seal took it from them. Just like that...???Seals taking fish at otter WHAT THE F*** is up with that?

Was out today.YA was it ever blowing.Got a #26 #14 and 5 small ones on the top line @ 45ft,the 2 others at 65+55ft.The 26 at the Trap on a purple haze flasher and green glow head.The 14 at Allridge in the atfernoon in that wind not fun at all, but got him in the bag and called it quits

Sooke area should get in the game
Look at the areas where boats can launch in Campbell River. Published too in BC Outdoors. Aware of it any how, point is that we are sure limited here. Are we somewhat equilivant to the RIVER area?
By now I think so. Accesibility and convenience of launching areas suck here. I say Sooke Municipality, open your eyes, get in the game in regards to the influx of potential tourism and catering to locals and the profitering of our southern visitors. Recently I learned that a Tim Hortons was turned down by our elected officials, now I wonder, delay progress or just ignorance.

B Gibb

Hey CA
Been trying to get some info on moorage myself.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8249 Almost 100 views but no reply, guess with the salmon extinction treads moorage is not on a lot of peoples mind[8)]

Thanks for bringing this old post up.

I checked Jocks @ $4.00/foot for the year but he's full.
New marina by Chevron (not sure of the name) $5.50/ft yearly and I was told it will go up
Next door to Jocks $6.00/ft and they do yearly only

Not sure of Sunny Shores but I'm sure someone will pitch in with some info
Hope this helps
vic

That other one is called vacations west and a buddy of mine runs it and it will go up a lot I still stay and Sunny shores dont know the price per foot dont really care as you need it just like gas for fishing and been there for the last 13 years, run takes a big 6 mins to the end of wiffen spit I personally like it, great place and the only place in the sooke basin to launch on a low tide.

Good luck Wolf

No prob CA as I see it if I got to spend an extra bit in moorage the run to peddar to otter WOW!!!! from SS to otter save about 50 bucks add that up per month bingo you save and hey secretary in less than 10 mins hhhhhhhhmmmmm good business sense there maybe!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK WOLF

Either way you look at it, the marina /moorage situation sucks considering we are on an island[xx(]. The majority of the facilities we do have are shabby and run down to say the least with exception to a select few/hence the pricing. The yanks have it going on, just look at there launch access and parking alone.

Just paid up today, as moorage goes fast around here. If you wait till say April you will be S.O.L. Rates didn't go up, bonus..

Back