metal lathe ISO

Fixit

looking for a med size lathe for some hobby work, 12x40ish or smaller. anyone have an unused one in their shop?

best bet is keep an eye on Cl and FB market place anything good comes up jump on it straight away
other tip need to find out what tooling it comes with it and is it fully working ???? Parts for older brands may not even be available any more
and find out whether you need 110v or 240v get a lathe then you'll want a Mill.......lol bad as boats

here's a few

I saw those three. the second one looks like a total abortion a car transmission for a speed reducer? I mean its ingenuity but looks like a hack. ive got a line on a south bend from my father in law. he gave it to a friend... going to see if I can buy it from his friend

I saw those three. the second one looks like a total abortion a car transmission for a speed reducer? I mean its ingenuity but looks like a hack. ive got a line on a south bend from my father in law. he gave it to a friend... going to see if I can buy it from his friend
Man I just got a South Bend model A (9") the day before I had to head to work, can't wait to get back home and set it up. Learning a lot on the YouTube in the evenings about it as this is kind of a progression of things in my garage and I have very limited knowledge of machining. Back gear has a couple broken teeth on mine but I was able to get a repair kit for $60 usd shipped to my hotel. Hopefully everything else is just cleanup. The one I got has sat idle for about 30 years and was used in hobby use for about 30 before that. Think it was new in 1944-45 (based on S/N) and sold to the shipyard in Esquimalt. I think it has relatively low time running as it didn't spend too much of its life in a production environment. Apparently lots of the model C that come up for sale can be in pretty good shape but they weren't set up with a quick change gear for production use.

There was a model b for sale in Burnaby but someone beat me to it. Guy wanted 200$ for everything. What a steal for someone

edit: turn out I was the first person to message him but his reply went to my spam folder :( and another person scooped it

Last edited:
my 7X14 mini hobby lathe its the extra tooling that gets yeah .....see the extras in the second pic

IMG_1412.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 11
Back