May long weekend-Sooke

Thank you gentlemen for your quick responses !
Sooke it’s not in stone and any other suggestion will be much appreciated as long as is roughly in the same distance range . We are just looking for a couple of days of relaxation ( especially my wife, she is a Covid nurse at RCH). Catching and eating a salmon would be the icing on the cake.
We thank you again for your suggestions/ recommendations
D
If you take your wife to Sunny shores , she'll never want to go on another fishing trip...
sorry, but it's true.;)
I agree with you Scott - if you staying in your boat I would not hesitate to go to Pedder Bay but yeah salmon restrictions will most likemy be in place - there is good Hali spots tho ? Easy run to Constance Bank from there?

Id go to Pedder bay nicer marina and very close to halibut fishing and salmon (constance or whirl bay) the marina and staff are very nice at pedder bay lil coffee shop and ALL the things you will need

Lots of good advice here. Avoid Sunny Shores with the wife. The docks are in very rough shape. Borderline dangerous IMO.
Sooke Harbour is nice with options for meals at Hotel or run down the basin to Stickle Back Restaurant. You can dock there and walk up for meals.
I think they both serve salmon. LOL. Crabbing should be good and some none retention fishing.
Pedder is very nice. I know people that camp there with no boat because it is so nice. Easy access to a many fishing spots.
Wife will love either one. For me it would be Pedder at that time of year.

I guess when someone asks about where to stay in Tofino the guys from Sooke should chime in and cut Tofino down and try and sway them to change plans and come to Sooke.

I guess when someone asks about where to stay in Tofino the guys from Sooke should chime in and cut Tofino down and try and sway them to change plans and come to Sooke.
At least so far I’m getting recommendations only for the Island !

Back