Masset rivers

Pick it up chev, you can do better than that.. Your in the Gwaii.:D-dirty

Go try copper creek on moresby, I have done good there this time of year, below the first bridge, down to tidewater. Most likely be the only one there. Big fish too!

Yah were gonna go over to moresby tomorrow to look for some deer and maybe fish a bit even though the report from over there isnt any better and the river will be **** low. Another guy fished the lower yak all day yesterday and he was also skunked so its not lookin too promising.

bloody steelheading can be a total "beatch", i came up on Friday and found a spot(mid afternoon) , no bloody one around, and proceeded to hook 5 fish out of it, completely virginized to the whole area. I came back the second morning and found a HERD of Steelhead in the tail out , hooked many of them and all the other spots we fished that day, believed that this was going to be the easiest fishing in the world only to have it completely dry up on me?? I told Chevy to expect some good fishing, little did i know that even remote rivers like the Yakoun could dry up? , still im totally hooked now for life, already planning a fall salmon trip in my mind, seen pools that would most likely hold coho in the 100s, if anyone has any experience fishing these waters in the late summer fall, fill me in as im going back some how

Dave H, i cant remember if we did fish the powder house pool, we had a map and went in at spots designated to named runs, all the fish were in faster moving waters with shallower tendencies, has to be related to the fact that these fish see no pressure

At the end of our season at the begining of Sept we would fish them in our down time. More pinks then you have ever seen in your life and the love to hammer on the gear but became very repedidive fast. I've heard Oct is great for coho once the pinks thin out and the steelies start at the begining of Nov up there. We went at the begining of Dec and were already getting 20 plus fish days.

quote:Originally posted by cammer

Dave H, i cant remember if we did fish the powder house pool, we had a map and went in at spots designated to named runs, all the fish were in faster moving waters with shallower tendencies, has to be related to the fact that these fish see no pressure

Those fish see plenty of pressure! The Yak is world famous, hundreds of people fish this stream every season for steel. Nothing unusual about steelhead holding in shallow fast tailouts, especially if the water level and clarity is ideal. The closer they get to spawning the more fish you will find in shallow fast water.

Blackleech, im guessing pressure can be taken in many ways, i was there for friday to sunday, and we seen 2 different anglers saturday and 4 on sunday, only one guide boat on a decently high flow, to me thats real low pressure but i agree than any fisherman can spook them, also seen a seal at Papa Johns pool

Ive heard that Dec Jan can be rockin. we were there in the first week of Dec and we were already getting some pretty colored fish in the mix. I know of a few others on the ilse that really do well in March April but they are by boat access only.

most of our fish were a mile above and below papas, we found an obvious push and were lucky enough to hit it then, papas itself put a few fish out, rapids, condemed , alders, and percys put fish out

Back