Malcolm Desicion

Derby

Crew Member
Some good news. Many of you remember the commercial halibut industry had taken DFO to court over the 3% increase in our allocation. The decision came down today and it was a complete win for the recreational sector and DFO. :)

Yes, thanks to Martin and all for their tireless work on behalf of all Rec fishers

This is great news! I look forward to reading about the full results of this case. I would like to thank everyone involved in the fight for the rec sector. And, on behalf of my daughter and wife, another enthusiastic "thank you!"

1901157_10153982285455133_4780165166886500008_n.jpg

A great big huge thanks goes to those on the SFAB, SFI-BC, BCWF and others who have contributed their time, hard work, and considerable money to fight and win this important case for recreational fishing rights - good on ya!

I would encourage all to take up or renew their membership in these organizations to help them build up their operating funds so they cab continue to support recreational fishing.

Take out or renew your memberships here:
http://www.sportfishing.bc.ca/sfibc/membership.htm
http://bcwf.net/index.php/membership

And to the small number here and elsewhere that said that nothing would change except that the lawyers would get rich.....Phaffffffff! LOL!!!

And to the small number here and elsewhere that said that nothing would change except that the lawyers would get rich.....Phaffffffff! LOL!!!

Agree this is a win for rec fishing!!

Agree thanks and appreciation for those involved in trying to affect change are in order,and they all have mine for sure.

Not sure I would agree that anything has changed as a result of this decision. YET

As I see it this decision has yet again shown us that we are NOT WRONG and we can change some of the things that continue to erode at and threaten recreational fishing. Experimental license, ITQ, and allocation to name a few.

I also feel that unless all involved take this opportunity to exploit the ramifications of this decision in an aggressive and unified effort to affect that change, this ruling will do little more than guarantee status quo. In my opinion,now having something to work with, this also requires seeing the SFAB find ways of becoming more pro-active and less re-active in their tireless effort surrounding these issues.

An opportunity has been borne here. Here's hoping we use it. I don't claim to have all or even any of the answers, but I do know this. If we do not use this opportunity, some other sector will.

Again My thanks to all involved go unmeasured and what little I can do to help I will.

Back