Lowrance Sonic Hub

Rayvon

I bought one of these at Chandlers sale yesterday for $129 but don't know much about how to use it. Should I install an I-pod dock or what is the best way to get the most out of it? I'd appreciate your help before I start cutting holes.Thanks,Ray

I didn't install the iPod dock. You can use the blue tooth connection to connect to your phone to access music or a USB stick works well too. No cutting for me I just installed the hub on the interior bulkhead in the cuddy. Enjoy your tunes, it's a great unit.

What have you guys used for an fm antenna? I have one here new in the box and yet to install it, but also haven't decided on an antenna as of yet.

When I was looking for my VHF antenna I think I saw that there's an adapter you can get to run your radio from it. It's a splitter,but I haven't tried one yet so I don't know how well they work. They run $40-$70 online. Anybody else used one?

well if any one has a sonichub there not using....... in the market for one new or good used
Rayvon beat me to it at the HC sale....good on him......lol

When I was looking for my VHF antenna I think I saw that there's an adapter you can get to run your radio from it. It's a splitter,but I haven't tried one yet so I don't know how well they work. They run $40-$70 online. Anybody else used one?
I have one-shakespear I think-works fine and have had it for at least 8years-no problems

Should be some deals around at retailers because the sonic hub gen 2 is out now so the original is old stock

I put a sonic hub in my boat a few years back.. Kinda wish I would have just went with just a docking station by who ever. It works great mind you. If you do install it you will need to get another harness that has its own 12v power. Also there are 2 different places to go into on your Lorance to enable programs. Not in any of the owners manuals. Found it on u-Tube. Like I said. Mine works great, just a pain some time to work volume etc.. Touch screen came out just after I bought my Gen 2

I've put a few of these in now.. I find I get best AM/FM reception with a Dual (brand name) MAR16w or MAR16b (white and black). I skip the antenna splitters, as even the "zero loss" splitters lose 1.5db of signal strength, and maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't like the idea of a third party circuit inline between my VHF and my antenna when I may at some time need to rely on that equipment to save a life or a boat..

Bait Ban,have people been installing the I-pod dock,they seem to be discontinued by Simrad? Or are most people using I-phone with the Blu-tooth?

Just an opinion, but I wouldnt install anything proprietary like an ipod dock. They fit one brand and one connection standard. It's almost a certainty that tech will move on and that connection standard will be left behind. Apple are notorious for changing their charger format every so often, ipod dock will likely become redundant too. The dock is also taking up real estate in your already space-challenged cabin, whereas a phone or pod connected to the hub via bluetooth can be tucked away more or less anywhere. The charging function of the ipod dock can be provided by installing a much smaller USB port, and it works for multiple devices as well.

It appears that my decision has been made for me,their not making the unidock anymore for whatever reason.So I'll be using a USB stick or phone via bluetooth,all new to me.

Phone via Bluetooth is great. My marine radio has it and been good. Anyone can play tunes on it. Just link and play.

I just have a rechargeable bluetooth speaker I pull out when needed. No wire to run, no speaker mounting shenanigans.

Back