Lowrance LRA 1800 Radar

Striper Sniper

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing the Lowrance LRA 1800 radar unit to go with my Lowrance LCX 38C HD Plotter/Sonar. Does anyone on the board have any experience with the radar unit? Thanks in advance for your feedback. SS

Are the LRA1800's available yet? I know they are pretty new, I don't think most places have them yet. I could be wrong[?]

I've had one for a couple seasons now when it works it's great but mine is very finicky.It was the first one out in western canada though maybe there beter now.

Hey Bananas, what kind of problems have you had with yours? It is supposed to be good to 24 nautical miles, what has your experience been? I like the fact that I can use my existing Plotter / Sonar screen and not have to mount another one as I also have another backup Plotter mounted on the dash as well and I am running out of space. I will only be using it for recreational purposes for six or seven trips to WCVI annually. Thanks, SS

Again I could be wrong, but I think the one you are refering to is the LRA1500 or the LRA2000, bananas, if you have had it for a few years. The LRA1800 is brand new and maybe just starting to become available in stores. Do you have the RIM100 or 200 module bananas?

Back