Lowrance Hook 7 with P66 not reading past 50'

Jon31

Hi folks,

I've had a Lowrance Hook 7 for about 3 years now. About a year ago someone cut the transducer line so I had to buy a brand new transducer and get it installed. Since then, I have no been able to get any readings past 50'. It works just fine at the dock, but as soon as we start moving, I lose the bottom. I also can't get bottom if we're out in the chop, even with the engine idle.

Does this sound like the transducer wasn't installed properly? The shop said they installed it exactly like the old one (which worked perfectly). They also told me to fiddle with the sensitivity, but I really don't think that's it.

I took a number of photos of my settings and what my screens look like.

Did you select p66 as the chosen transducer in the transducer settings after installing ?

Did you select p66 as the chosen transducer in the transducer settings after installing ?

I chose the HDI 50/200 transducer in the set-up screen. I tried selecting the actual model as well and no change.

Attachments

• A9297389-5001-4967-A612-FCD60945A23E.jpeg
    A9297389-5001-4967-A612-FCD60945A23E.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for this. I think they’ve just installed it too high. I don’t think my transducer is adjustable without installing a shim though, so that’s frustrating.
If your settings are right it has to be positioning of transducer. Had an old elite 5 with their transducer, very poor sonar until I switched to the P66 transducer, big difference on detail (actually see marks rather than dots) and picking up bottom on the move. Now I have a 9 inch Elite Ti with their transducer, great pkg. Keep us posted.

in the installation echo menu it should be set to airmar p66 5k ,
and it should be installed on the transom to the mfg spec's
so a few things could be wrong...
why not just install a waterproof connector unless it was cut below waterline?
there is only 5 wires ?

you can ask for colin at HC as well

Back