Lowrance Canada HDS model Warranty Service

B

bigfish1

Buyer Beware with these models. My brand new HDS 7 used once and after a little rain shut down. After a little lookie discovered it was full of water because of improper screen sealing. Navico Canada shipped me one quickly but get this, after a larger deposit than what the unit is worth it's up to us to ship the unit back at OUR cost! It's like we have you by the nuts and bolts!!!. Never again for Lowrance Canada. Their American counter parts who are totally independant ship you a new unit with a prepaid label WOW! now that's service.
So I hope anybody out there with one of these units never has to return it!!!!!

Big deal so you had to pay for shipping. Really not a big deal as YOU are the one shipping.
I have had to deal with lowerance canada now 3 times in 20 years and every time has been great after it was at there shop (which I paid for shipping) they said it was no good so they upgrades me to a color unit for a small fee and I asked them to ship it overnight. and yes I paid for that to.

This is not buyer beware its about customer service i was back up and running in less than a week that to me is more important.

Buy a comp and take it back to future shop!!!! see how that goes for you.

Wolf

Lowrance Canada has treated me well in the past. I had a hand held B&W H2O that was 2 years old (12 months past warranty) that I sent in to Lowrance to see if it could be fixed. I was not expecting anything and Lowrance gave me full credit towards a new colour Expedition.

I too have had excellent service from Lowrance. Above and beyond anything I expected. They really pissed off a retailer who was trying to sell me a new component, as the warranty had expired (by a month) and said they wouldn't even ask Lowrance for warranty work. I called Lowrance directly and they had no problem replacing it (I did pay shipping, gratefully). When I called the retailer and told him not to order the new component (I thought he shouldn't spend the money on an item that would only go onto the shelf) he lost it[:0]. He called Lowrance and told them not to send it to me. They did anyway, but covertly[8D]. Stupid retailer. He will never get another penny from me:(. It's so stupid to **** off a rec fisherman for a couple hundred bucks.

Now I have had to travel to Nanaimo, Parksville, and Cambell River to get a new motor, my old motors serviced, prawn traps and a prawn puller, crab traps, stainless parts, bouys, rope, gas tank, wiper motor, Lowrance parts...etc. He lost way more than the hundred bucks he thought he could get for that one component.

Sorry...got a little off topic. Lowrance Canada has been good to me, maybe you just caught 'em on a bad day with the deposit thing??

Scott

Some retailers just don't have a clue.

Here's how Port Boat House dealt with a Lowrance problem of mine:

I went into Campbell River in May to pick up my boat from Altech Diesel - long story, don't ask :( - I installed my Lowrance GPS/Sonar unit which I had while Altech worked on the boat. I couldn't get a gps position and the unit could not get a signal from the antenna unit.

I cleaned all the connections in the line to the antenna and spent a couple of hours chasing wires. Nothing worked. Stopped at a local Lowrance dealer in CR and asked them about it - New antenna - $250 - ouch!

Got back to Tahsis and emailed Port Boat House in Port Alberni (I bought the boat and the GPS/Sounder from them). I asked to get a copy of the invoice mailed to me as I wanted to put a claim in with Lowrance on the antenna in the hopes that they would replace it.

Twenty minutes later, I get an email back from PBH saying that the antenna unit is in the mail and to ship the old unit back to them and they would look after the warranty with Lowrance. :) :) :) A few days later, the package arrives. It's still sitting on my desk while my boat is STILL in Campbell River two months later. :(

That's how you take care of customers! :)

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

I'll let you know what I think of Lowrance service in a short while. My god#2&8453 Lowrance 525C is screwed up AGAIN!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Lowrance HDS 7

I have had my unit which is a combined Sounder and Chart Plotter for a year and a half...excellent, never more pleased with a unit.

In 2008 I purchased the biggest and best Lorance unit I could from the Port Boast House. They installed it.

It worked for an hour then it was dead, it was replaced by PBH

The replacement worked for a few days and then something else went wrong, the PHB replaced the item.
This went on for 5 different items on the unit.
I wrote three letters to Lorance and they responded with:

Lowrance will Re & Re your entire Lorance unit and replace it with a 12" North Star system (Simrad, owns Lowrance, North Star) The North star unit it very simplistic and the sonar unit is excellent it shows up fish, I drop the gear to that depth and bang got it. I even noticed on my last hali trip I could see the fish coming up on the sonar.

Lowrance was great at responding to my issues. I unit I received was the second one installed in BC and I was probably the Ginny pig for the unit I had. The problems with the type of unit I had are probably repair by now and all the bugs are worked out.

The Port Boat House and Lowrance were excellent dealing with all my concerns.

I'm extremely happy with the North Star unit

Back