Lost Watermaster at skutz falls

korey09

This afternoon a friend lost a green Water Master inflatable boat out of the back of a trailer. There were two very special rod/reel combos buckled on to the boat, along with a net and a Simms bag full of fishing gear. The boat would have only been on the road for no more than five minutes before we noticed it had fallen off of the trailer and we returned to find it. We had passed a silver Mazda Protege hatch back car a few minutes before that. It had driven by us and it would have either stuffed it in the car, or would have seen someone loading the boat into their vehicle. We searched the small stretch of road high and low with no luck. The only thing we could come up with is; the car, or another vehicle, loaded it up quickly and took off. We are really hoping that the person who has the gear will turn it in. It is hard to imagine that someone wouldn't want to return it. The boat is replaceable, but the two rods are extremely special and irreplaceable to the owner. There was a 13'6 four piece custom center pin rod with a Sea Run Islander center pin reel. The other one was a 11' sage center pin rod with a Milner Talisman center pin reel. If any one has information please let us know.

Thanks

250-480-6626

250-749-4505

Well happy ending. The guy who picked up the boat posted it to used cowichan, under the lost and found. Picked it up and everything was there and undamaged. Huge relief!

Korey09-- he deserves a nice bottle of rum... or maybe two??? No-- make that three!!!!! LOL

That IS great....in this day and age this kind of result is sadly a vey rare occurrence.

Too many people would find that and it's gone. It's kinda like finding a filet mignon at a salad bar in a vegan restaurant; consider it YOUR lucky day, eat it and don't tell anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey korey09, the guy who put in the effort to get the stuff back to its rightful owner should be given an olympic gold, if you can find out what his favorite drink his buy him the gold version of it, we need more guys like him. Let this be a lesson to all

Hey korey09, the guy who put in the effort to get the stuff back to its rightful owner should be given an olympic gold, if you can find out what his favorite drink his buy him the gold version of it, we need more guys like him. Let this be a lesson to all

Agreed! Maybe even a $100 spot might be appreciated. He deserves it and it'd be good Karma for you.

Ya. The guy stuck his neck out for you. What if you pulled up while he was loading it in his truck???? I think if I was going to load such a find into my truck with good intentions I would phone the RCMP first and tell them what I was doing first just so that base is covered. Ya never know you try to help the wrong dude like that and you could get assaulted.
However it went, vits a feel good story. Thanks.

It was really good of the guy to turn it in. Not sure how the guy loaded it in so fast and avoided running into us on the road, but whatever it all turned out in the end. Mark did give him some money for his troubles. 100$ i think.

Ya. The guy stuck his neck out for you. What if you pulled up while he was loading it in his truck???? I think if I was going to load such a find into my truck with good intentions I would phone the RCMP first and tell them what I was doing first just so that base is covered. Ya never know you try to help the wrong dude like that and you could get assaulted.
However it went, vits a feel good story. Thanks.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up. It's what you do after that matters. The wrong kind of guy is definitely going to pick it up. Unfortunately there's enough folks cruising back roads these days that will take stuff from locked vehicles if they think no one's around. Not everyone has a cell phone.

Thats great!

I know a guy who lost his Rolex twice and got it back both times then sold it as he felt it was bad luck....

Back