Lost oar...up a creek and wrestling the spare

• Thread starter whitewater_cowboy
  • Start date
W

whitewater_cowboy

Lost a yellow fiberglass handled, wood blade 9' Sawyer breakdown oar on the Cowichan today just above Biblecamp. Likely eaten by the log jam, but if it surfaces, I would love to get it back. Worked hard for a couple of browns and one chromer. Not a bad day other than being expensive.

Thanx Chosen One. Did you fish at all yesterday or were you just showing that fella the river and a little wing shootin'? I was kinda surprised that there weren't more people out, but it was rather slow.

Thanx Chosen One. Did you fish at all yesterday or were you just showing that fella the river and a little wing shootin'? I was kinda surprised that there weren't more people out, but it was rather slow.

WC, the Chosen one is trying to challenge his fishing ability, he is trying to catch fish without using any rods and reels ;):D[:p] maybe he is finding the conventional method boring and needs a new challenge :D:D

HS.

WC, the Chosen one is trying to challenge his fishing ability, he is trying to catch fish without using any rods and reels ;):D[:p] maybe he is finding the conventional method boring and needs a new challenge :D:D

HS.

I've heard of shootin' fish in a barrel...I guess it would be harder on the river.[:eek:)]

Lots of bankies today all the usaul spots had 1 to 3 trucks at it, Bible, c/log, wash out, no traffic below the bridge. 1 cliped steelie and a coho around skutz, pink spin n glos.

WwC do you know if it is clear from Vimy to the black bridge? if it is I may drift it next time and if I see your oar I will try to get it for you
does anyone know what the drift is like from Vimy to the black bridge this year?? I have only drifted Stolz to Vimy

Its clear as far as log jams and sweepers are concerned, the only spot that may give you some trouble is the s-bends..Rather tight coming thru there, may have to hop out and drag it through the shallows:D

thanks Roe Bags
I will look hope to drift this thursday unless i fish higher up on the system

I haven't had a chance to drift the lower river yet. LUNA the oar I lost had a natural wood blade with a yellow fiberglass handle. I think it wound up in the logs where the river splits above Bible Camp...I'm pretty sure, but second guessing myself. Thanx for the heads up.

Back