Lord Stanley's tournament

Watching the game and can't believe he goalies...that save by Lehner on Boeser was as good as they come.

Well the Nucks finally bent to the superior team. The last Canadian team is gone and so am I...always loose interest once there are no more Canadian clubs left. Time to watch the Raptors instead and the Blue Jays later on.

Well the Nucks finally bent to the superior team. The last Canadian team is gone and so am I...always loose interest once there are no more Canadian clubs left. Time to watch the Raptors instead and the Blue Jays later on.
Golf has been pretty solid. I switched it over right away and my heart settled down.

Ahem.....ergh....ahem.....SFBC’s team in the east still has 24 hours of Gritty life left in them at the minimum.

Well that was a bit painful to watch but the better team won for sure. If demko wasn't in net there it would have be 10 nothing. nucks just had nothing left.

Not sure what to think. Sub par performance by the Canucks other than Demko.Better team won no doubt but 13 games in 23 days and a back to back in a game 7 to appease some Saturday horse race on NBC is shameful. Betmann's schedule, fatigue and with the forwards spent the writing was on the wall for all 3 periods.
Interesting decisions facing JB for the upcoming season, especially Demko, Markstrom and the cap.

Yep. they were completely gassed. it was a bizarre strategy; collapsing in your own zone and just eating pucks and hoping for a breakout or power play. it was literally men vs boys out there. both goalies were unbelievable all playoffs. future looks bright!

Not sure what to think. Sub par performance by the Canucks other than Demko.Better team won no doubt but 13 games in 23 days and a back to back in a game 7 to appease some Saturday horse race on NBC is shameful. Betmann's schedule, fatigue and with the forwards spent the writing was on the wall for all 3 periods.
Interesting decisions facing JB for the upcoming season, especially Demko, Markstrom and the cap.

just the other day i sed to my bro they should give Markstrom all the money he wants and let Demko walk. now....i dunno. they are in cap trouble as it is and maybe letting Marky walk is the smart play.

It's too bad the Nucks couldn't press the issue and finish off the Knights but im proud of what they accomplished. Gonna be an interesting next season.

just the other day i sed to my bro they should give Markstrom all the money he wants and let Demko walk. now....i dunno. they are in cap trouble as it is and maybe letting Marky walk is the smart play.
Agree. I love Marky but they need skaters and his new contract would result in them losing some decent players like Tanev and Tofoli

JB has a daunting task of what to do with his goaltending situation. Demko at 24 has given us a great example of his potential but is he truly a #1 that can replace what Markstrom has done for the team this year.
Too early to tell as we all have seen similar spectacular short term playoff performance from others who never really mounted to anything. Demko's glove hand was in question at times thru this series but the defence collapsed to support him. Fixable for sure.
Do the Canucks trade Demko right now while he potentially brings the highest value? Probably but gutsy move as in the past the Canucks have held on to players too long and subsequently the return wasn't there.
Do they somehow sign Markstrom with a home team discount with term and limited NMC? Probably as they know what he brings. Doesn't fix any of their cap issues though.
Something has to give, in my opinion the goalie coach can bring the best evaluation of Demko's performance and expectations.
Who knows and the end result will have its pros and cons.

Back