Long weekend on Sept 4- 7 salmon fishing in Ucluelet

Discus

I would like to ask someone can give me info about the salmon fishing in Ucluelet.

What can I bring the tackles? Spoons, Bait Hootches etc?

Thanks
Discus

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like fishing with Flashers, so i use either spoons or plugs when trolling. Pioneer Boatworks in Ucluelet probably has the best selection of what works well. My last trip was nothing to write home about & all fish came on a Tomic 602 7" plug. Cop Car spoons have worked well there for me in the past. There is a list of lat/long coordinates for the various offshore spots somewhere in the forums. Head due south from the red buoy and at about 5 miles you will be at South Bank, a popular spot. At 22 miles is the Big Bank, most popular spot.

Hoochies will probably out fish everything else, so if you want to come back with mass quantities, use them. The fish seem to be primarily eating herring at around 100ft in depth, so I'd use an octopus like a OG142 green spatter back or a Purple Haze UV.
The above is for offshore usage. Nearshore, anything over 77cm has to go back. Anchovy/Flasher rules when fishing the rocks.

Just make sure both you and your boat are up to the task. It can be foggy for days.

Back