Lingcod fishing around saltspring and the narrows.

S-357

I'm not asking anyone to give up their Hotspots. I have heard of hole in the wall which I do don't really know where that is? Any info that anyone can give me would be great on areas where I can go take the kids out and try and hook a Ling bigger then a foot long would be much appreciated
Thanks

takes years to get to know the hills and what tides they produce at.. give them all a shot and let us know!

Hole in the wall is up off Campbell River I believe. Some of us spend years finding productive spots. Finding them is where the fun comes in. Go out and spend hundreds of hrs jigging and you will find your spots and learn how and when to fish them. Ling's are any where from 40ft to 200 ft. Bottom fish much the same. Find pinnacles and ledges. Lots of places in the area you asked about. Report back. Good luck .

Hole in the wall is up off Campbell River I believe. Some of us spend years finding productive spots. Finding them is where the fun comes in. Go out and spend hundreds of hrs jigging and you will find your spots and learn how and when to fish them. Ling's are any where from 40ft to 200 ft. Bottom fish much the same. Find pinnacles and ledges. Lots of places in the area you asked about. Report back. Good luck .
There is a hole in the wall at almost every location on the coast lol can get quite confusing

I'm not asking anyone to give up their Hotspots. I have heard of hole in the wall which I do don't really know where that is? Any info that anyone can give me would be great on areas where I can go take the kids out and try and hook a Ling bigger then a foot long would be much appreciated
Thanks
any place there is a kelp bed adjacent to 40' - 60' of water

When Ling fishing you want about 1mph of current,they are more active with some water flow. My wife got a nice Ling this morning off of South east discovery island in oak bay

Back