Lead Line Splicing tips?

Breakin"even

Crew Member
I"m finally starting to splice lead line to poly for traps, with Covid boredom I can't think of a better time
to learn how. I've watched a couple of videos but none with lead line, the videos used softer rope and no tools.
Should I purchase a fid for this stiff line or is there something in the toolbox that works. Any tips would be appreciated.

Melt the tips of the 3 strands of the rope and make them to a point. Easer to poke back though and dose not unravel. I use a U shaped fid but it can be done with no tools just a little slower.

Melt the tips of the 3 strands of the rope and make them to a point. Easer to poke back though and dose not unravel. I use a U shaped fid but it can be done with no tools just a little slower.
The U shape Fid, is that the swedish style fid?

Get a vid I’ve done it with a screw driver but a find is way better, just price like any other three strand rope

Wrapping electrical tape into a point on each of the 3 strands works well for poking it through the gaps. It's not hard once you've done a few. Practice on some old stuff.

Back