kicker size

Hey Dan, I'd want to go with at least an 8 if I were you. Not sure of the bow on your new rig, but the wind can wreak havoc on your troll if you're underpowered.

Not to mention how much harder you have to work the engine to push, and then there is always the issue of emergency back up...

5 won't get you far fast, especially with wind and tide against you...

I have an 8 right now, but would ideally go to a 9.9 Bigfoot for that extra push in a ****ty situation.

Cheers

I would go with at least 8 hsp. I run a Yamaha 8 High Thrust on a 20 foot w/ pod and it is awesome.

Fishing Guide

I am Canadian. Let's go fishing, eh!

I would go 9.9 4 stroke. I run years ago a 17' Double Eagle, and since 2006 a 22', on a 9.9 Yammy Hight Thrust, and that motor pushes either boat with no problems. However, I tried a 5 HP (2 stroke) on the 17 footer, and it was clearly insufficient power.

I am running an 8 hp High Trust Yami on my 21.5 footer from a fixed mount and love it. I have not used a 9.9 hp but find the 8 hp works very well. It came with the boat and I have been pleasantly surprised with it. SS

Another vote for the yammi 8 HT..love the hydralic tilt.

I will also say the the 8 High Thrust yammi is a great choice. It pushes my 20 Hourston which has a 200 next to it, on a three foot extention pod no problem.This many 8't out there sure sound like a good deal.just my thoughts.

Thanks guys...that's pretty much what I thought...found a smokin deal on a 5 hp Honda 4stroke, so was hoping to hear something different. I think the 5 would probably troll ok...but as Jeff mentioned, getting home on the kicker in an emergency might be sketchy at best.

Back