Joyce Murray Minister of Fisheries not running again.

Unreal. That raises an extreme red flag. If you follow her work in particular CRA she always was tasked with looking at shortfalls in department and revenue.

She also seems to dive a lot into relationships etc. With her background I think she had been brought in for the nation to nation relationships which DFO has been struggling with. That would be my only theory and to also look at fish farming and how to grow that revenue stream.

Got moved for a reason.

Last edited:
That's part of the problem with Candian politics is that they are not voted into their minister spot. They are voted into parliament and then moved into jobs. This one is just a stepping stone for politicians. Wish they were voted into their minster level jobs based on their experience.

That's part of the problem with Candian politics is that they are not voted into their minister spot. They are voted into parliament and then moved into jobs. This one is just a stepping stone for politicians. Wish they were voted into their minster level jobs based on their experience.
Couldn't agree more strongly with your comment, SH. There's 2 examples of this in Canada - that the existing political parties won't promote let alone admit - Nunavut and Northwest Territories:

Both functioning governments are also examples of choosing a different style of a constitutional monarchy than what is promoted by our current brand of dysfunctional, polarized and promoted partisan politics. There is nothing in our Constitution that says we HAVE TO have political parties. But all the parties & associated politicians are so entrenched in their own "my treehouse and not yours" indoctrinated ideology, narcissism, and hubris - that any other way of doing business that involves more accountability and less corruption is anathema to how they think. More importantly - divide and conquer works best for the parties & the politicians. We fight amongst ourselves verses demanding accountability from them. Not sure how to - but it is past time to change it.

The drama teacher and his self-righteous, hypocritical and divisive government are toxic and need replacing - agreed. But to those who have "romantic memories of how great the Harper regime was to fish in comparison" either have bad dementia or were living on another planet. or were young to remember, IMHO:

We are disserved by all political parties and how they take advantage of our democratic processes by invoking tribalism and distractions irrespective of what colour tie they wear, IMHO. Partisan politics will not save us from that. Accountability is the key but also the pot at the end of the rainbow.
Thank you for posting these articles. As you wrote, not everyone was aware of the horror of Harper's Conservative government gutting protection for wild fish and their habitats, not to mention their closing fisheries science facilities, and muzzling fisheries scientists from speaking publicly. Bringing back a Conservative anti-science government would be absolutely terrible.

Thank you for posting these articles. As you wrote, not everyone was aware of the horror of Harper's Conservative government gutting protection for wild fish and their habitats, not to mention their closing fisheries science facilities, and muzzling fisheries scientists from speaking publicly. Bringing back a Conservative anti-science government would be absolutely terrible.
Like I said in previous post, bla bla bla about conservatives, that’s why Trudeau is still in charge of destroying this country, science base desisions my a….

Let's not turn this into a right vs left debate. I will say what's the use of having fisheries scientists if the data doesn't get used or gets ignored?
the liberal have agendas, and climate is their top focus, so removing your carbon spewing engines in on their target, including your boats

Do you all get it that with the Liberals running their **** show, you will no longer be fishing by 2030?
Have you thought how long it is till there are no gas cars allowed to be sold in Canada?
You have 7 years, good luck if the Liberals stay in power.

Do you all get it that with the Liberals running their **** show, you will no longer be fishing by 2030?
Have you thought how long it is till there are no gas cars allowed to be sold in Canada?
You have 7 years, good luck if the Liberals stay in power.
its not realistic, not that anything the activists in our HOC are realistic, they are on their way out.

Making sense to me now:

Yup, my guns, my truck, my boat, everything about liberals agenda don’t align with my beliefs, rant over, leaving this one now, going to watch it from a far eating popcorn
What! no more "bla bla bla"s??

Making sense to me now:

What! no more "bla bla bla"s??
Lol, the bla bla bla is coming from a small percentage that seam to think the Trudeau liberals are doing a great job, it blows my mind, and think it’s not even worth debating with such people

As always, these political threads that deviate from fishing related content get going, they veer off the rails. It has been stated here a thousand times, if it isn't fisheries related it won't stay. I am not moderating a forum where general politics is being debated. If it gets back to fishery related posts it will stay, other wise it's done.

Brian

I was in a meeting with DFO and I was like what do the returns have to be for our access to increase and the regs to go back. Double? Triple?

And their response was these are basically political decisions made by the minister to reallocate fish to First Nations.

Improved returns does not mean improved access

Back