Jordan River

Gypseas

Went out on Saturday past Jordan River looking for some flaties.
And were still looking :D
Anybody doing the Jordan river this time of the year? What time would ya say the halis start showing up in JR?
Pretty snotty out there too [xx(]

cheers

Jordan River to Sombrio is usualy good rite off the hop,and fishes better on the faster tides coming up this week,almost always on the flood.

We were about 12km north of JR on some hump drifting. Do you suggest anchoring instead?
Got there 1hr before the top of the flood.
cheers
quote:Originally posted by bananas

Jordan River to Sombrio is usualy good rite off the hop,and fishes better on the faster tides coming up this week,almost always on the flood.

Yes, you passed us twice?[:I] We enjoyed some beer batter Sat nite. Hali can be found in Juan de Fuca year round, different depths and areas as the feed is present. Look around. Drift till you catch one, then anchor. Don't go anchor near others, its a Big world out there. Give everyone some room and respect. Gain some and be invited. It wasn't as 1/2 as snotty as opening day;) Good Luck and be Safe out there, its a long way home and no hiding spots.[B)]
ps everyone has marks for JR butt try them, look at a chart

Hey Halillama
Thanks for the advice [8D]
Thought you're riding the big wooden boat. The only boat we passed around point no point was a walk around with new Mercury power, later on saw them coming into jock's. Was that you guys?

Good to hear you guys got some on Saturday, that reassures me that there still some fish left in the strait :D
And yeah on opening day was coming from Seattle by plane to see lots of white caps all over Constance. Bet it was nasty

Cheers

That was my budz(that boat is up on used vic right now :D)..... they got nada'd..

You out this weekend HL?, constance was kinda lame sunday....too much tide then nothing...
Might have to talk Robby into taking that new merc power upto your neck of the woods and poke around a bit

If any of you saltwater stalwarts get out that way (Jordan River) keep an eye out for a lost sailboard. Blue mostly with no mast or sails.
Reward offered is $150.00.
If found post it here and I'll turn you on to the guy who lost it.

Take care.

is there camping and boat launch at JR and how far out would someone have to go to try for hali. thanks any info would be great!

We launch in Sooke. Haven't heard of any boat launch in JR maybe off the beach?

Back