Jet boat idiots

B

Brisco

My buddy took me up the Fraser to have a go at springs. When we arrived at the area we realised there is a native opening.We were forced to anchor. Sure enough the jet boats had to blast by us as close as possible,we even had two of them come at us then split on each side of us. And I find they all have the same dumb look on their face with a smoke in one hand and a beer in the other. We were anchored 40 feet off shore, these guys had 500 feet of river. I want to let them know that these boats don't impress me, bring those boats out to the salt chuck and we'll see how they handle real water. Lots of guys on shore catching pinks slicing them open for the eggs and throwing back the body. We watched the natives net lots of springs of all sizes, I wonder how many steelhead,coho etc. Parts of nets eveywhere,sunken nets and abadoned. Whatched a boat from Washington State cleaning pinks and keeping eggs and returning bodys. Of course we didn't see a single D.F.O. They were probobly checking someone at the Cap for proper hooks. I have to stop going up to the Fraser.

I was just out fishing the Fraser, never seen anything Brisco is talking about, all the jet boats around us were very respectfull of each other.
Brisco you dont have a cell phone to report infractions ??????? - if indeed that is really what took place.If you dont take the time to report a poacher then your no better [B)]

I have seen some bizare actions on the ocean as well, every one has the ocean to navigate if thats not big enough & yet still you get clowns cutting you off - boat & gear. Big boats almost swamping small boats, same old same old.

Have a better day :)

I was just out fishing the Fraser, never seen anything Brisco is talking about, all the jet boats around us were very respectfull of each other.
Brisco you dont have a cell phone to report infractions ??????? - if indeed that is really what took place.If you dont take the time to report a poacher then your no better [B)]

I have seen some bizare actions on the ocean as well, every one has the ocean to navigate if thats not big enough & yet still you get clowns cutting you off - boat & gear. Big boats almost swamping small boats, same old same old.

Have a better day :)

K-45, Yes we did have a cell phone and no we did not report.I just don't have the feeling D.F.O. would care.But I agree I should. Also I did not mean all jet boaters, just the idiots and they know who they are. And seriously , "slit and release" has been practiced for years.Have you seen the price of fresh roe at B.B. ? Mature pink roe pro-cured will catch any fish. I just hope some people might read this and give the boys in the 12 foot tin cans a break.

K-45, Yes we did have a cell phone and no we did not report.I just don't have the feeling D.F.O. would care.But I agree I should. Also I did not mean all jet boaters, just the idiots and they know who they are. And seriously , "slit and release" has been practiced for years.Have you seen the price of fresh roe at B.B. ? Mature pink roe pro-cured will catch any fish. I just hope some people might read this and give the boys in the 12 foot tin cans a break.

Back