It's all about the fish! - Please....

R

RVP

- the act, process, or art of fishing with a hook, line, and usually a rod.

- Sport fishing for enjoyment, catching one fish at a time using a hook.

- fishing with a hook and line (and usually a pole)

- Fishing is a term applied to any activity which aims to capture fish or shellfish for subsistence, scientific, commercial or recreational purposes. An enormously diverse range of approaches can be taken to this, from a large, open-water trawler, to a simple lobster trap, to a dry fly.

- Angling is a method of fishing, specifically the practice of catching fish by means of an "angle" (hook). The hook is usually attached by a line to a fishing rod. A bite indicator such as a float is sometimes, but not always, used. Frequently, the rod is outfitted with a fishing reel that functions as a mechanism for storing, retrieving and paying out the line. The hook can be dressed with lures or bait. Generally, angling is thought of, principally, as a method of sport fishing but some commercial fisheries use methods which are quite similar.

The above described also depicts exact descriptions of sportfishing...since when is the above described, have anyting to do with the benifit of a fishes life...or in others choice words - "it's all about the fish!" ???

If that statement was true, then that individual would not enjoy the art of angling...further more, that person would not invite pain or death to any fish species. PETA is a good example of a group of individuals, that is 100% all about the fish and other animals.

Anglers are all about the take, the kill, the hit, the numbers...etc., etc.

I am a fisherman - I kill and eat fish, I also catch and release many types or species of fish for entertainment, fun and pass time...who truly on this website or any other or in their life puts the fish first?? Not me! - I kill and eat them, I catch them for fun...I sell gear for a living that will hook and injure them...possibly kill them.

I work towards building opportunity for others and people in our future - but I do not put fish first! I am a selfish angler, who, if chose to, would have to quit angling to honestly say that what I did do, to help out in any capacity or had to do with anything to do with fish first issues - would be to quit fishing...Just like a well know radio personality did some years back, to proove what he saying was true to what he believed in.

Will I ever stop angling in my life time??? NO!!!

Angling is a method of fishing, specifically the practice of catching fish by means of an "angle" (hook). The hook is usually attached by a line to a fishing rod. A bite indicator such as a float is sometimes, but not always, used. Frequently, the rod is outfitted with a fishing reel that functions as a mechanism for storing, retrieving and paying out the line. The hook can be dressed with lures or bait. Generally, angling is thought of, principally, as a method of sport fishing but some commercial fisheries use methods which are quite similar.

Why in the world would I stop what I have been taught to do? Why would anyone expect you to do the same? Why would anyone who practices angling for fun, a pass time or as a profession say that they put fish first, unless of course you truly do not fish, angle, harm, mame or kill fish.

If you state that you put fish first...then you are PETA! ;)[B)]

Something you would like to get off your chest, Robert?
Somebody peed in you cornflakes this morning?

...naa, Blue - just tired of hearing anglers use the fish first term in their statements, trials and tribulations with resect to our sport. If it was about the fish, them none of us would be angling...yep, I know that it is extremely importent that we all do our part to help enhance what we have left...but to state fish first, means exactly what a certain radio personality did a few years back to prove that he was all about putting fish first.

Back