issues with older 70 evinrude

Roger that it's fixed! thanks for your help trendsetter, through deductive reasoning we narrowed it down, took a couple trip to the boat launch but after ruling out spark by doing resistance testing on coils and changing plugs, there was nothing left but the carbs, took them all off cleaned each one with brakeclean, checked all the needle n seats and float, putter back together and gave er another go and there she be fixed!IMG_2899.jpgIMG_2902.jpg

Two mins and about half a lap later i came to an abrupt stop , i hit a sunken snow fence sumerged enough that i was not visable wrap up in my prop , i was at least a twenty foot chunk.. I put in reverse and it cleared my prop but wow still out there in the middle of departurebay.. Boaters beware i tried lost site of it. ...

Trying to find the year of this motor, 70elcrd turns out it an 84 wow 29 years young must been a laker for most of its life.. :cool:

Roger that it's fixed! thanks for your help trendsetter, through deductive reasoning we narrowed it down, took a couple trip to the boat launch but after ruling out spark by doing resistance testing on coils and changing plugs, there was nothing left but the carbs, took them all off cleaned each one with brakeclean, checked all the needle n seats and float, putter back together and gave er another go and there she be fixed!View attachment 8730View attachment 8731
Right on jeffy! I figured it to be something simple like that.Now GO GET EM!!

Just like to thanks everyone who posted on this thread helping me narrow down the problem , helps BIGTIME getting posts from people that have more outboard knowledge then I. I was just about to give up and taker to the shop.And Also to my buddy Murray who would not fix it for me but helped me down the path so i could learn as i went along! :)

Back