Iso Mercury lift ring

Fishin

Hey fellas does anyone happen to have a lift ring tool I can buy/borrow, need to remove my 2022 115 merc, unlike my old Yamaha it doesn’t have a built in lifting ring, they want $300 for one online that’s crazy if not I’ll try and fab up something. Located south van island.

Attachments

• BDBEA0DC-0F98-4014-9211-272036EE30F0.png
    BDBEA0DC-0F98-4014-9211-272036EE30F0.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 14
Hey fellas does anyone happen to have a lift ring tool I can buy/borrow, need to remove my 2022 115 merc, unlike my old Yamaha it doesn’t have a built in lifting ring, they want $300 for one online that’s crazy if not I’ll try and fab up something. Located south van island.
the last lifting ring I had to use for a swap of a 90hp honda I had to borrow from a dealer in town but they may not let you know ... never know but wouldnt hurt to ask.

Does the flywheel have fine threaded holes? Can get 2 fine threaded bolts and bolt a chain down to the flywheel. They will be 5/16 fine thread if they are there

I have a homemade one you can borrow

Does the flywheel have fine threaded holes? Can get 2 fine threaded bolts and bolt a chain down to the flywheel. They will be 5/16 fine thread if they are there

Yeah has some fine threaded holes, I was recommended to just weld an eye to the top of a bolt and go that route. Or use a chain. Just thought someone might have something better haha

Yeah has some fine threaded holes, I was recommended to just weld an eye to the top of a bolt and go that route. Or use a chain. Just thought someone might have something better haha
No need to weld. Just get a short bolt and a washer and bolt down the chain end, do it with each end of the chain. Need 2 bolts, 2 washers and a couple feet of chain.

Last edited:
I have one that threads into the centre of the flywheel. You're welcome to borrow it if you wish. I live in Victoria.

The holes in the flywheel are 10m coarse thread if that helps you

New Yamaha 200 has the same setup
Last one i used a puller like pictures to the threaded holes in the flywheel with an eye bolt thread in the middle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214-214840.png
    Screenshot_20230214-214840.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 6
Back