Islander mr3 (new)

Well done @Stizzla.

I own a pair. Mine don’t creep and I regularly fish deep (200 ft +) and troll fast.

Make sure you are diligent with the following:

1) Always back the drag right off when not in use.

2) As far as maintenance goes, make sure you don’t over oil the cork drag surface. I even wipe off excess / pat dry.

3) depending on how often you fish, pull the reel apart and wipe off the drag oil which will build up on the contact surface on the spool...that is what causes the creep (in my experience).

4) quick spray of fresh water after each day of fishing.

I do the rest of the full maintenance a couple times a season (though I don’t put more than 20 days on the water annually).

Enjoy.

Well done @Stizzla.

I own a pair. Mine don’t creep and I regularly fish deep (200 ft +) and troll fast.

Make sure you are diligent with the following:

1) Always back the drag right off when not in use.

2) As far as maintenance goes, make sure you don’t over oil the cork drag surface. I even wipe off excess / pat dry.

3) depending on how often you fish, pull the reel apart and wipe off the drag oil which will build up on the contact surface on the spool...that is what causes the creep (in my experience).

4) quick spray of fresh water after each day of fishing.

I do the rest of the full maintenance a couple times a season (though I don’t put more than 20 days on the water annually).

Enjoy.
I'll add make sure you tighten down your drag before rinsing, then as @littlechucky said back them right off to dry. That helps keep excess moisture out, apparently. None of mine creep enough to bother me whatsoever.

Back