Island Outfitters

tinboatrobb

Just curious if there has been any info about when and where Island outfitters will be open for business again.

Just curious if there has been any info about when and where Island outfitters will be open for business again.
I was told somewhere between Burger King and the bridge on the Old Island Highway, Colwood.

Ward & Darren sold it to employees
reopening in the old Mad man Mckay store on Colwood strip.

That is what I heard as well. Apparently Ward and Darren kept the guide boat business and the speculation was that buying both was to much financing for the employee/s who bought it to swing. Hope they make a go of it. It may help that unlike WiseBuys they should have a 2nd revenue stream with the hunting and shooting supplies for which there is not a lot of competition this end of the island.

You would think that they would blast this on their website/facebook... A grand, socially distance, reopening soon. Build up the hype and I'll be there!
That's great that they sold it to the employees - there was a lot of passion in that store that's hard to replace.

Hello Friends,
I’m sure you are aware Island Outfitters suffered a fire Jan 4th and since then the world got a little strange. In spite of Covid the fishing and shooting business has been extremely strong, unfortunately Island Outfitters wasn’t there to help support the people through it all.
The very exciting news is that out of this all Island Outfitters is going to reopen in the near future and continue to support the industry, it’s former employees and the people who love the sports.
Ward and I have made a tough decision to chase other interests and pass the torch to let others continue the legacy. We want to wish Ian and Megan White, Brenda and Mike Lineham our very best with a little luck and prosperity as they take the reigns.
Ian has worked for Island Outfitters for over 15 years and has what it takes to run a retail floor, manage people and provide the service our customers have come to expect. Megan has supported with inventory control and marketing and is eager to take on more. Brenda has been the backbone of the administration for over 10 years and will continue to do a great job managing all financial aspects of a growing business. Mike who is Brenda’s husband has a career of his own but is committed to support in every way possible for the continued success of Island Outfitters.
This fantastic new team have signed a lease in a terrific location and will open this fall when all is ready. I’m sure you will see many of our knowledgeable staff return to the store and do what they are passionate about.
Ward and I want to thank everyone for the incredible support and business experiences you have shared with us over the past 26 years. We will continue to operate our charter boats and accommodation business; so still very much in the industry !
Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and always looking for an adventure so don’t be shy.
Kind regards,
Darren Wright

Hello Friends,
I’m sure you are aware Island Outfitters suffered a fire Jan 4th and since then the world got a little strange. In spite of Covid the fishing and shooting business has been extremely strong, unfortunately Island Outfitters wasn’t there to help support the people through it all.
The very exciting news is that out of this all Island Outfitters is going to reopen in the near future and continue to support the industry, it’s former employees and the people who love the sports.
Ward and I have made a tough decision to chase other interests and pass the torch to let others continue the legacy. We want to wish Ian and Megan White, Brenda and Mike Lineham our very best with a little luck and prosperity as they take the reigns.
Ian has worked for Island Outfitters for over 15 years and has what it takes to run a retail floor, manage people and provide the service our customers have come to expect. Megan has supported with inventory control and marketing and is eager to take on more. Brenda has been the backbone of the administration for over 10 years and will continue to do a great job managing all financial aspects of a growing business. Mike who is Brenda’s husband has a career of his own but is committed to support in every way possible for the continued success of Island Outfitters.
This fantastic new team have signed a lease in a terrific location and will open this fall when all is ready. I’m sure you will see many of our knowledgeable staff return to the store and do what they are passionate about.
Ward and I want to thank everyone for the incredible support and business experiences you have shared with us over the past 26 years. We will continue to operate our charter boats and accommodation business; so still very much in the industry !
Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and always looking for an adventure so don’t be shy.
Kind regards,
Darren Wright

Great news Darren. Thanks for the update. I look forward to Island Outfitters returning. That is a strong, experienced Team and I wish them success and have no doubt they will achieve it.
Island Outfitters has been a great local business and has shown great support to the local community. From retail to events, sitting on multiple boards within our passion of Fishing and Hunting, running the Boat Show and supporting other local businesses by purchasing and advertising locally.
I wish the new and the old owners great success with their businesses. I will be a supporter.

Tips Up!
Graham R

That's good news, better that a fight downtown will not be required for customers from Westshore. Wishing new owners all the best on their new endeavor. I do hope some of the old inventory was not damaged and will make it to the new store. Website had an item I wanted.

HM

A bad situation being turned into a good one....with long term staff being rewarded for hard work and loyalty. Good luck to all involved.

Nice to see a locally owned fishing store out our way. I hated going to Canadian Tire even for odds and ends when I didn’t want to run all the way into Trotac. Sign me up as a loyal customer.

Back