is this boat a good deal? 1991 Trophy 2052

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/5088811738.html

20' Bayliner Trophy 2052, 140 HP Suzuki 4 Stroke, 9.9 Tohatsu Electric Start Kicker. Like new Canvas Top. 2 Scotty Elec. Downriggers, Ace Linehauler Electric Pot Puller, Garmin Color Depth/Chart Plotter, Bottom Paint, 4 Shrimp Pots with (4) 400' Leaded Lines and Floats, Crab Pots Ropes and Floats, Halibut Rods & Reels, etc., lots of other stuff included. E-mail for Phone # and more info.

Thanks for all your help as I look to buy my first boat.

How many hours on the motor? That is your biggest replacement cost
Really depends on the quality of the add ons as well but seems okay to me...go have a look??

I bought a 1990 trophy 24'. 300hp etec 102 hrs. 9.8 kicker 1 hr and downriggers for 20k. Looks ok but as said how many hrs.

I have the same boat exactly.
Looks like a 2002FF, you can tell by the HIN #.
It is rated for a max HP of 175. It is slightly underpowered, but no biggie.
I have a 150HP which is fine. If the engine checks out, it's a good deal.
The first thing you'll want to to do is change out the scuppers to the ping pong ball type, you can expect the fish wells to be constantly full of water and don't use the the live bait tank as there is a design flaw.
Let me know if you have any questions about this model.

looks like a decent boat but like Tiki35 says its a bit under powered but thats totally fine. Negoiate that a little out of the price tag if you can. All the gear is a nice upside thats for sure, but like most of these boats or any boat thats used for that matter and Sea Trial and Compression test on the engines is vital!!!! along with a good mechanical inspection.

I would also get the trailer inspected or if the owner has a good idea on when the bearings and seals were done? new tires on the trailer? bearing buddys on the wheel hubs?

overall pretty nice fishing rig there

I bought a U.S. boat and was super lucky that the trailer was old. I believe if the trailer is 15 years or newer you have to have inspection done. So you need to arrange with the boarder the trailer to arrive, they inspect it and then if good to go great... If not, you must fix prior to bringing into Canada. You need to set up an inspection appointment. Allow for 72 hours for inspection, usually takes much less but I think you need to allow for 72 hours. Not sure if boat can be on trailer or not. Anyways, get the year of the trailer! Newer one and might be something you purchase here in Canada and bring down and put the boat on.

First thing I would do is check transom for rot then take that kicker bracket to the scrap heap.

As mentioned that hull is a 2002, 2052 is I/O
Standard power on that hull un 91/92 was a 120 force with the optional power a 150 force, wasnt till late in the model year of 92 did they bump up the power ratings to 175 and option for merc power.
I had a 150 merc on mine and it was adequate power so I dont think the 140 will be terrible, wont be a speedster but will get the job done.
I agree with tiki about the scuppers the stock design sucked!
Hrs and condition will determine if its worth the asking price.
I had no issues with my trailer that tgofers has mentioned but I brought mine back in 2010
If it all checks out and is in good condition seems like a fair deal to me.

Back