Inside Scotty downrigger what is this called?

Clint r

So first time in 10 years I’ve had a downrigger electrical issue. Putting 12v direct to motor makes it spin so it’s not that. Changed out relays because I had one laying around and same, so its not that. Leaves either the switch or this silver box. If I put power direct to either pole of the silver box……nothing even when I push the button. I’m guessing it’s that? Shouldn’t I have juice to the motor if I connect to the red wire coming out of the box and try the switch? I try that and nothing. Is that showing me it is indeed the switch? Any electrical gurus want to chime in? Auto parts store will have the silver box so easy enough to pick one up but what’s it called?
IMG_7828.jpeg

That's a 12v relay. 5 pin. Only uses 4 pins so a 4 pin relay will work. 5 pins have normally closed center pin. 4 pins don't. That's the only difference.

Ohhh wait I think I need glasses. Red circle is a auto resetable circuit breaker. Just like @Alex_c mentioned above

What model do you have? I had what sounds like similar issues with my 2106 HP

The problem child was the "Magnetic Reed Switch"

Scotty sent me a new one and I installed it myself.....not completely easy-peasey (Scotty warned me it wouldn't be a walk in the park swapping it out and they were right) ) but I got it done

What model do you have? I had what sounds like similar issues with my 2106 HP

The problem child was the "Magnetic Reed Switch"

Scotty sent me a new one and I installed it myself.....not completely easy-peasey (Scotty warned me it wouldn't be a walk in the park swapping it out and they were right) ) but I got it done
Mine are old school 1101 depth power with the green twist switch

Jump your orange and white wires together, if it works, that's your problem if not look to the reed switch.
I'm betting on the reed switch.

Scotty. What a great company to deal with. Called this morning about replacing my reed switch. Ordered two so I have a spare and they refused to take my payment. Wouldn’t even let me pay for shipping. Cant say enough good about them but can and will be a loyal customer for life.

Back