Ice machine

bones

We spend a ton on ice at fish camp and never seem to get enough, sometimes where there for 5 days. Where can a guy buy an old cheap ice machine. Something small I can suspend over a ice tote or giant cooler. I've been keeping my eye open but.....2000-5000$ is a bit much. Is there like an auction house for food supply? You know when I business closes and they sell the equipment for $$ recovery

west coast liquidators here in Victoria is ur bet or restaurants doing close outs before the liquidators get in there

I picked one up for $1000 from Craigslist... 200 pounds a day. Leave it running in the garage endless ice.

You will find the clearance centers and trades owed money use Craigslist to dispose it items.

Manitowoc and Scottsman are going to be the two most common ones.

Costco also have some available special order. Use the online site.

Last edited by a moderator:
200 a day that works!!! How did you guys plumb them? I was just going to weld a hose bib fitting on the machines and attach a garden hose to it

The one I used at work needed a precise amount of water coming in to work well. It needs a floor drain or a small pump for the excess water during the thaw/drop ice cycle. We got it used from a restaurant place for about $400. It died after about 3 years.

200 a day that works!!! How did you guys plumb them? I was just going to weld a hose bib fitting on the machines and attach a garden hose to it

I just used PEX from the garden hose 2-way split, with a PEX drain line... the input is just a basic water line (garden hose works) and the drain can be a garden line but you need gravity drop of a couple inchs and you need a vent line put inline. Any plumber can do it in an hour with basic PEX plastic line and compression fittings for cheap. Budget $200 in and done labour and material.

Back